Deleting/Rejecting

Started by rolandgifford, January 14, 2023, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandgifford

I have set the option to reject files when pressing Del in the File Window. This, together with a filter set to hide rejected files, is working very well for me when culling images.

Most of my culling is done using the viewer as most images aren't so bad to be obvious from the thumbnail. Del in the Viewer doesn't seem to have this default reject option and asks me every time when exiting the viewer what I want to do with files for which I have pressed Delete. In my case I always want to reject them and the choice is an irritant. Is there some option that I have missed which will do what I want?

thrinn

Use "Reject" (available through the context menu and also via one of the keyboard shortcuts displayed there) instead of DEL.
2023-01-14 14_45_24-.jpg 

When you set the rating directly by one of these shortcuts, no additional window will appear when you leave the Viewer.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

<Del> in the Viewer is special. It is used as a quick way to mark files while culling, and then decide what to do with these marked files when you leave the Viewer.

As thrinn showed in his post, pressing <X> o5 <6> rejects a file in the Viewer, like the <Del> key does in the File Window.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

rolandgifford

Quote from: Mario on January 14, 2023, 03:02:23 PM<Del> in the Viewer is special. It is used as a quick way to mark files while culling, and then decide what to do with these marked files when you leave the Viewer.

For me, I always want to reject them.

I have had a quick play with pressing 6 instead of DEL and it does reject the files without a further question being asked but it isn't as obvious that an image has been rejected as when pressing DEL which puts a marker over the image itself rather than over the filmstrip display at the bottom.

Being able to easily see which images are being kept matters to the way that I think when culling and the additional 'what do you want to do with these tagged images?' is no doubt something I will get used to.

Mario

Quotebut it isn't as obvious that an image has been rejected as when pressing DEL which puts a marker over the image itself rather than over the filmstrip display at the bottom.
Enable the Collections Overlay then. This will show you if a file is rejected.
The film strip in the Viewer also shows which files are rejected with the standard rejected icon.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

rolandgifford

Quote from: Mario on January 14, 2023, 03:33:11 PMEnable the Collections Overlay then. This will show you if a file is rejected.

You are my hero  :)