Opening Videos (IMATCH)

Started by kiwilink, January 18, 2023, 08:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

Several years ago I know opening videos within IMATCH was disabled because of crashes, etc.  The answer from Mario was to hit CNTRL+Enter to open up a player (like VLC) to play it.  When I right click on a video within Imatch the attached screen dropdown opens (see attached).  I'd like to change this first option (Open with PowerDVD) to Open with VLC.  Is that something I control within IMATCH or outside of IMATCH?  I know I can go down to Additional Functions and choose "open with" but it is extra clicks.  I'm asking because I decided to Create a Database of just my Iphone videos and use IMATCH to manage them (create categories, etc.).  

The problem is that everytime I want to click on a video to view it it is taking about 20 seconds before in opens using my standard PowerDVD video player so I thought I'd change it to VLC to see if it would be faster.  If there is a better way from within IMATCH to open a video and play it quickly (I know it opens another window) please let me know.

Thanks!

Kiwilink

Mario

This is the 'default application' associated in Windows with that file format.
You can change the default application in either Windows Explorer or IMatch.

To do it from IMatch:

select the file and press <Alt>+<Enter> to open the Windows Explorer context menu.
Select the "Open with..." entry and in the secondary menu select "Choose another app". Select the app of your choice and enable the "Always open with this app" (or similarly named) option.

Restart IMatch and the new default application will now show in this menu and it will be used when you hit <Ctrl>+<Enter>.

Note: Default applications are configured in Windows per file format. If you use multiple video formats, you need to repeat this for every format.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

Thank you!  Worked great!

Kiwilink