Dashboard : Cities and Regions

Started by beeellecee, March 07, 2023, 11:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beeellecee

Hello,

Is there a way to have IMatch display cities and regions in the dashboard. This would be a very useful addition if not. :)

B

Mario

Cities and Regions related to what?
What would you consider a region?

The Dashboard displays a statistic based on Country. A rather "top-level"´but very useful view of the files in your database.

If you want to see your files organized by country, city, location etc., IMatch does this for you in the Category View.
Open IMatch Standard Categories > Image Files > Locations.
This category hierarchy organizes your files automatically by Country, City and Location. If you also need state or something else, you can easily change this default category to show more levels.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

beeellecee

Hi Mario

Am returning to IMatch after a long break. Had forgotten what an amazing thing IMatch is!

By "region" I was thinking of an example here in the UK:

East Anglia[region] -> Norfolk; Suffolk; Cambridgeshire [counties]

I have to admit I had completely forgotten about the Categories!

Would still be great to be able to define within IMatch what location info is displayed on the Dashboard sim ply to allow a more granular analysis/ease of access. The dashboard has evolved greatly and is a useful facility to have!

Many thanks
B

Mario

The Country display is basically just a bit of eye candy. The space is too limited to drill down into deeper levels or even provide user-specified levels or similar. This would probably be helpful for less than a handful of users.

You can use the Charts Panel or the Statistics App to visualize tag values, and the Location Category hierarchy already organizes your files by Country | City | Location. This is a data-driven category, which means you could add a State level or whatever you see fit.

"Region" or "County" is not a separate value for location data in XMP. If this is desired, you could include the region/county in the XMP location tag or use the State tag for this information.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook