About tool-tips

Started by sinus, March 20, 2023, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

I write this here, because I want not hijack ubachers Feature request.

From Mario https://www.photools.com/community/index.php/topic,13086.0.html

To do this, just wrap the image in a <Border> tag that has the same width as the File Window tip (the Width in pixel setting):

CodeSelect
<Border Width="500" Background="#505050"><Image Source="{File.CacheFileName|default:{File.FullName}}" MaxHeight="300" MaxWidth="300" Stretch="Uniform" HorizontalAlignment="Center"></Image></Border>
My File Window tip is set to 500 pixels.

Thanks for this. 
This works really great, if you use quite small images. But 300 pixels is (for me) quite small, it is not very much bigger then the thumb itself.
Some time ago I tried to use some text and a bigger image. This works really great, but the result depends, where the thumb is. Sometimes text or the image is cutted. 

If the "result-window" would be in the same place, say in the middle, then we could construct cool tool-tips.
I had for me designed some interesting things for me, like different images depending on versions and so on, all worked super, instead this "wandering" window, what cutted my text or the image.

That is why I used not more tool-tips. But a always: it is not very important to me, because IMatch offers mostly very good alternatives.  :)

In the attachement you can see, what I mean, and if we use even more text, the result is worse.

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

The image size you use is just too big and confuses the Windows tooltip mechanism. Not everything can work.
The XAML library I have integrated into IMatch allows for some awesome things, but has its limits.

The original feature request is still open and when it gets enough likes, I will look into it for a future release.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Thanks, I understand.
Very good.  :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus