Relations Question

Started by moviemaker445, March 25, 2023, 07:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moviemaker445

I read through the 'Configuring File Relations' help and specifically the 'Manual Versions' section.

Despite following the instructions, I am unable to select a JPG/MP4 file pair and activate the 'Relation Definitions' window using the Shift+Ctrl+M keys. Pressing these 3 keys brings up an 'Invalid Selection' window.

If I select three files and focus on the JPG file, the 'Relation Definitions' window appears.

Am I doing something wrong?
(Please see screen grabs of the two message windows)

Mario

Please don't ask questions about unrelated things in a Sneak Peek topic.
I have separated your post into a new thread.

Click one file, then <Ctrl>+click or <Shift>+click a second file.
The file you have clicked last will become the focused file and show with a red background. You seem to have changed the colors in the File Window (?), so I cannot tell what is what in your screen shot. Or maybe I did change the color for my File Window.

The first screen shot looks like you have <Ctrl>+clicked the focused file again, which is the keyboard operation that removes the focus. And this explains the message. No focused file found.

Wrong: no focused file (I <Ctrl>+clicked the focused file again):

Image4.jpg

Correct: focused file (red background)

Image5.jpg
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DigPeter

moviemaker445

Thanks Mario. I incorrectly thought that after selecting a range of files, Ctrl+click created the 'focussed' file. Ctrl+click on a selected file in my system changes the colour to the light green shown. I Will ammend my technique. :)

Mario

QuoteCtrl+click on a selected file in my system changes the colour to the light green shown.
This is the (documented) way to remove the focus from a file. It is then only selected.
You usually don't control-click an already selected file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook