Keywords and variables

Started by zematima, April 20, 2023, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zematima

Hi all:
There is something I would like to do but I don't know how or if it is possible:
Imagine I have for instance this keywords in a file (sorry to be in Portuguese):
Rita|Natação|Provas|50m livres|Abrantes; Rita|Natação|Provas|Locais|Abrantes|50m livres; Rita|Natação|Provas|Classificação|Totais|1º; Rita|Natação|Provas|Classificação|Escalão|Cadete A|1º
I can see this in IMatch as follows:
Rita|Natação|Provas|50m livres|Abrantes
Rita|Natação|Provas|Locais|Abrantes|50m livres
Rita|Natação|Provas|Classificação|Totais|1º
Rita|Natação|Provas|Classificação|Escalão|Cadete A|1º
Be aware that on the first keyword i can have several distances (50,100,200,400,800,1500, strokes and relays) and different cities and on the third and fourth different classifications and categories (accordingly with the age)
As you can see if I open the node under Provas, I can see all the distances she swam or open the city node to see what she swam in Abrantes or the classification, etc.
Now I would like to add the year, name of the file and city to be like that:
Rita|Natação|Provas|Year|Name of the file|City
I create a template with only the year,file and city.
The PROBLEM is that it deletes all the other keywords and put these new ones.
Is there a way to APPEND to all the others keywords that already exist, these new keywords?
Thanks in advance,
JRosa

thrinn

Quote from: zematima on April 20, 2023, 05:46:43 PMI  create a template with only the year,file and city.
The PROBLEM is that it deletes all the other keywords and put these new ones.
Is there a way to APPEND to all the others keywords that already exist, these new keywords?
I assume you mean a Metadata Template? In this case, make sure you activate the "Merge with existing contents" option.

2023-04-20 17_52_08-IM Test 01.imd5.jpg
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

zematima

Thank you thrinn. Worked as expected.