Image batch processor: Change the canvas of an image

Started by voronwe, May 07, 2023, 05:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voronwe

Hi
I'm woundering whether this is allready possible:
As Instagram preferes images in a size of 1080x1080 pixels, is there a way to resize a image to have 1080px on the long side(this is possible, I know), so it will have for example a dimension of 1080x717. The next step would be to put this image centered into an image of 1080x1080 and fill the borders with a selected color.
As it can be seen in this example
2023_04_29_038_NikonD90_T_inst.jpg
I could not find it so far, the ones in the batch-processor I tested would crop the image

Mario

Enable canvas and set it to 1080 x 1080. Background color of your liking.
Format and Size
  Width and Height: 1080 x 1080

This fits the image into the canvas, leaving space left/right or top/bottom depending on the aspect ratio of the image, like so:

Image4.jpg
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

voronwe

Thank you for the fast help

and even if I was at the eye-doctor last week, it still seems that I need new glasses, because I missed that entry in the list completely. ::)

Mario

I could also not remember how to do this from the top of my head ;) IMatch is too rich in functionality.
But the width/height option was designed for specifically this purpose. To fit an image onto the canvas.

Great for Insta or FB or Twitter posts. All require / prefer specific image sizes and do nasty things (cropping, scaling, ...) with your images if you don't follow their rules. No way to express any type of artistic freedom with these platforms. It must all serve the algorithm and the advertisement surroundings... 8)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

voronwe

At least at Facebook I never had problems with the ratio, they accepeted also wide panoramas without cropping.
But Instagram... ::) - It is definitly not a side for artists