Creating multiple new sub folders

Started by stefanjan2, May 10, 2023, 11:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefanjan2

I was wondering whether there was a way to have "create multiple folders" automatically populate with say "Processed; Affinity; TIF". Or alternatively when using Renamer to move files from an import folder to a date folder, have sub folders created at the same time.

I'm assuming neither of these is possible but posting the question just in case I'm missing a trick.

Mario

That's easy to do.
Right-click the parent folder and select "Create Multiple Folders" from the context menu.
As usual, the details are in the IMatch help: Frequently Used Folder Commands

You can do similar things with categories.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

stefanjan2

Quote from: Mario on May 10, 2023, 11:28:10 AMRight-click the parent folder and select "Create Multiple Folders" from the context menu.
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I am aware how it works. My question was can I somehow automate frequent subdirectories for parent directories with the same structure without having to copy and paste. I think the answer is no.

By the way, when I searched for "Add multiple folders" or "Frequently Used Folder Commands" in the imatch help search field, the page "Frequently Used Folder Commands" does not seem to come up

Mario

IMatch has no feature to automatically add a bunch of sub-folders to a folder.

When I need this, I do a quick Copy & Paste from IMatch Notepad. Takes maybe 5 seconds, so I never saw a need to automate this even more. I would write myself a small IMatch script otherwise.

This was also never requested as far as I recall.
Feel free to add a feature request and include details about when you use this, how often, for which purpose.
Other users can support your request by liking it.

Frequently used folder commands is part of the The Media & Folders View help topic.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook