File Explorer Coexistance With IMatch

Started by Darius1968, June 03, 2023, 06:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I know, questions about Windows File Explorer may be off-topic in this forum, but I decided to go ahead and ask here anyway, as there are times when it is necessary to complete a copy/paste operation, eg., when it is desired to bring in a file to the database that resides in a non-indexed folder. 

Unlike most apps in Windows, which will remember size/position settings when opened the next time, File Explorer doesn't.  Does anyone here know of a way to fix this problem.  Many thanks! 

Jingo

Hmm... what version of Windows are you using?  Win 10 and 11 does remember last position and size on my machine (even though I use XYPLorer as a total Explorer replacement).

You can always try the free software: ShellFolderFix which will reset and set window sizes and position per program.

EnjoY!

graham1

Another mention for XYPlorer. You might look at QDir for a free alternative as well.

Graham

Darius1968

Jingo -
I'm on Windows 11.  Yeah, I've seen ShellFolderFix promoted a long time ago for Windows 7, but question if it would be right for Windows 11?
Quote from: Jingo on June 04, 2023, 01:51:22 PMWin 10 and 11 does remember last position and size on my machine (even though I use XYPLorer as a total Explorer replacement).
Which is probably why you don't have that problem then.  Most other programs are fine.  The bug is exclusive to File Explorer and Command Prompt. 

And, Graham, thanks for your input. 

Jingo

I tried regular Explorer on my system and it worked just fine.  Moved boxes around, resized them and then open and closed Explorer.. all windows opened right back up in the same position and location.  

I'd give ShellFolderFix a shot to see if resetting things fixes the issue... could just be a superuser setting I have set on my system as well from when I installed my OS a long, long time ago!