Scrolling Screenshot Of IMatch File Window

Started by Darius1968, May 23, 2023, 04:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I have a certain tabular-layout which I make use of, and as I scroll from top-to-bottom, I'd like what I see to also end up in a gif/png/(whatever format) file, effectively having created a scrolling screenshot. 

Many 3rd-Party programs (ShareX, PicPick, Snagit, and the like) and browser addons are up to the task of capturing web pages, but fail miserably in their feeble attempts at getting the file window output of Imatch, or output from other programs that aren't browsers. 

How could I go about the task at hand with success?  Thanks! 

jch2103

One (not one-shot) way would be to take multiple screen shots (sections of the whole) and then combine them with panorama software (Microsoft ICE comes to mind, as it's free, easy to use and gives good results, but there are many other options). 

John

Jingo

I'm surprised the "scrolling capture" of ShareX doesn't work - I only tried it once and it did capture the window but didn't capture ALL the window scrolling.  I didn't try playing with the settings but I'm sure this should work.

ColinIM

I use Faststone "Capture" with great success, including for things like multi-page PDF files, but I admit I haven't tried it in IMatch in this context.

https://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

JohnZeman

I also use FastStone Capture, I use it several times every day in fact including capturing long scrolling web pages.  As an example I've attached a FastStone Capture Scrolling Window screen shot of this forum topic.

Edit:  FastSone Capture will also capture long scrolling IMatch screens too (I just verified it).

capturewindow.png

sinus

Hmm, interesting.
I wonder, if I should use faststone.
But I see, there are four different programs.

FastStone:
Capture
Image viewer
Max View
Photo Resizer

I think, Capture and Image Viewer are interesting (for me).

John and Colin, if you don´t mind, for what do you mostly use a FastStone - product?
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Jingo

Hi Markus - just thought I'd pipe in here since I too use Faststone as my main System Image Viewer.  Offers some amazing tools for the price (free!) and is fast and full featured.  Don't use capture (I use ShareX as my main screenshot/color picker tool) but I'm sure there other products are great too!  Enjoy - Andy.

sinus

Thanks, Andy

Very interesting. I think, I have to look into the viewer and capture.
Markus

JohnZeman

Quote from: sinus on June 03, 2023, 10:42:07 AMJohn and Colin, if you don´t mind, for what do you mostly use a FastStone - product?

Markus for me its FastStone Capture that I use the most followed by the Image Viewer.

Right now it's 9:20 am here in Iowa and I've already used Capture about 10 times this morning as I configure and match the colors of a new program I'm using to store my notes and information for IMatch and other programs.

sinus

Thanks, John  :)

Ah, I see. 10 times this morning, oh, quite a lot. 

But I hope, you had already some coffee or a healthy smoothie.  :D

I will look into the Viewer and Capture from FastStone. 
Markus