Persistent Warnings in Database Diagnostic Log File

Started by JohnZeman, April 28, 2023, 04:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnZeman

Whenever I run a database diagnostic there are always two warnings (posted below) that I don't understand.

Checking files:
    Warning: Folder [417] has no link for file 157822. Correcting.
    Performing sort array maintenance:
Completed.

And

Warning: Failed to load file [157822] with error 10020

Any idea on how I can correct this Mario?  Database Diagnostics log file zipped and attached.

Mario

This seems to be caused by the diagnosis not handling this correctly. Have not seen this before, ever. Strange.

When IMatch checks a folder, it checks if all files the folder links to can be loaded.
If a file does not exist (the file with the id 157822 in your case) the file is removed from the containing folder and from everything else that links to it (categories etc.).

I don't see the corresponding message ("Removing problem files") in your log file, though.

IMatch also checks the folder of each file to see if the folder recorded in the file has a link to the file. If not, it is added.
This is the first warning we see.
The file was loaded OK, but the folder did not contain a link to it.

While checking folders, IMatch finds that the folder has a link to the file, but fails to load the file.
This is what puzzles me. The file was loaded OK when checking the files and the missing link was added to the containing folder. But now the file fails to load for some reason? Very strange.

Please open the File Finder app from the App Manager.
In the Find File By Oid enter 157822  and click on Search.
This should reveal the file if it is still linked somehow. Does this do anything?

Maybe rescanning the containing folder (D:\Mine\Photos\Years\2010-2019\2018\) does fix the problem?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

Mario apparently that OID is no longer in my database.

When I entered 157822 in the File Finder app (and later I looked for it using the File Data app) but nothing was returned by either app.

Just did a rescan of folder 2018 followed by another database diagnosis, still returns the 2 warnings.  Latest logfile attached.

My IMatch database seems to be working ok, I'm just bugged by those two warnings in the diagnosis.

Mario

When checking the files, the file is found and loaded. The containing folder is loaded and it has no link to the file. So the file is added.
When checking folders, the folder is loaded and all files it contains are checked. Now the file cannot be loaded and is removed from the folder.

I have no idea how this can happen. I looked at the diagnosis code and it appears to be correct.
Can you upload the database to your cloud space so I can diagnose it here?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

My guess is the problem occurred during a major crash IMatch had awhile back.  Unfortunately I was in a hurry at the time so I never looked for the crash log (I know, shame on me!) to send to you. Instead I just restarted IMatch and continued what I had been doing.  Ever since then, database diagnosis has returned those warnings.

I'm in the process of uploading my zipped 5 GB database to OneDrive.  When it's done, which will probably take a couple of hours or more since I don't have the fastest connection in the world, I'll share the file or folder with you.

Thanks for looking into this Mario.

Mario

Very good.
Send me an email when your upload is complete.
When I find out what the problem is in the diagnosis I patch it so IMatch 2023 can fix the problem for you.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

JohnZeman

The database is uploaded now and I just sent you an email.  Please let me know if you have any problems downloading the file.

Mario

Hi, John

I have analyzed the problem and added a new check to the diagnosis that identifies this rather unique problem and fixes it.
After installing IMatch 2023 and running the diagnosis, the problem will be gone.

Basically, for some unknown reason (and I have never seen this before), the file was stored with a wrong id.
Each file has a unique id, but for this particular file, the id of the file and the id under which the file was stored in the database differed. This made the file both existent and non-existent, depending on the situation.

Thanks for sending the database so I test this. I have deleted your database from my system.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

JohnZeman

JohnZeman

Mario just to let you know IMatch 2023 did solve my database diagnostics problem that I'd mentioned earlier in this thread.  :)

I had to run diagnostics twice but after the second time all was good.

Thank you!

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator