Location Tag Issues

Started by novaca, June 29, 2023, 12:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novaca

Yes, the problem described also applies to tags other than Author. The pencil solution works everywhere.

These are mainly XMP IPTC Extension\Location tags...
When I fill the tags in the "6 IPTC Location" metadata panel, everything is fine. But if I fill the same tags in another panel, for example the imported "5 GPS Details", "GPS Location Info" or some "My Own", the above described will happen.

Mario

Quote from: novaca on June 29, 2023, 12:23:16 PMThese are mainly XMP IPTC Extension\Location tags...
When I fill the tags in the "6 IPTC Location" metadata panel, everything is fine. But if I fill the same tags in another panel, for example the imported "5 GPS Details", "GPS Location Info" or some "My Own", the above described will happen.
This seems to be a different issue. "5 GPS Details", for example, has been removed from the MD Panel layouts in IMatch 2023. Did you import the new panel layouts or do yo use old layouts?

IPTC Location tags are very tricky and there is a lot going on behind the scenes, like also updating XMP photoshop tags (which also have location data) or legacy IPTC data, which also has location data (partially).

To not dilute the original bug report, I will move your comment into a separate bug report.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

novaca

Maybe it had something to do with the original topic. After initial cursory tests, I can state that this no longer occurs in version 2023.1.14.