Events view is completely empty

Started by banzai, June 14, 2023, 09:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banzai

With IMatch 2023, my Events view is completely empty, see attached screenshot.
But there should be several events, which I have created in IMatch 2021.
Nothing is appearing in the log in the moment I switch to the event view.
The fact that I also see no buttons or other UI elements, let's me hope that my events have not vanished from my DB, but are just not shown...

Ciao,   banzai

banzai

I just tried to create a new event from a selection in the file window.

The "IMatrch Event Editor" window opened, but it's also completely empty. No OK/Cancel buttons, X button in right upper corner is greyed out, window is modal... guess I have to kill IMatch now.

Mario

Quote from: banzai on June 14, 2023, 10:01:15 PMI just tried to create a new event from a selection in the file window.

The "IMatrch Event Editor" window opened, but it's also completely empty. No OK/Cancel buttons, X button in right upper corner is greyed out, window is modal... guess I have to kill IMatch now.
Please install the latest IMatch 2023.1.4 release, which fixes exactly this problem.
It has been announced today here in the community, my Facebook and Twitter channels. If you use the "Check for Update" function in IMatch it should show that there is a new update is available.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

banzai

Alright, installed the update and everything's back to normal, thanks.
Just another note... I really do not want to be annoying :) but the Update-Dialog also showed a small problem: the update was downloaded fine and I got a link to where it was downloaded. But the button, which was supposed to close the running IMatch instance and start the installer did just nothing. But with the help of the link I could quickly start the update myself.

jch2103

Quote from: banzai on June 14, 2023, 10:27:33 PMJust another note... I really do not want to be annoying :) but the Update-Dialog also showed a small problem: the update was downloaded fine and I got a link to where it was downloaded. But the button, which was supposed to close the running IMatch instance and start the installer did just nothing. But with the help of the link I could quickly start the update myself.

I just posted a bug report about this, so @banzi isn't the only one finding this issue. As he says, the workaround is simple, but the glitch with the Updater is unexpected. 
John

Mario

Interesting. Nothing with the Updater app has changed for over a year.
I wonder if some Windows security feature or virus checker is interfering. Have to try this over the weekend.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

If it helps, I'm using Microsoft Defender. 
John