Metadata sub panels increases by 1 every time I click on a different image.

Started by MLKL1980, June 30, 2023, 12:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLKL1980

In the metadata panels, "3 Image" and "Browser", whenever I click on an image in the file window, some of the "3 Image" and "Browser" metadata sub panels increases by 1 and every time I click on a different image in the file window, it further increases by 1 in the metadata sub panels, causing a very long scroll down and at times causes IMatch 2023 to lock up. The only way to clear the metadata sub panels duplicates is to select another dropdown under metadata other than "3 Image" and "Browser" or click on an empty space. Then whenever I click an image in the file window, the problem starts over again. This problem never occurred in the 2021 version. Nothing extra is written in the metadata photos itself, it only appears in the metadata panel. The screen capture shown is the result of clicking on 4 images in the file window.

thrinn

Yes, I can reproduce this:
  • Create a new Metadata Panel Layout, say "TEST"
  • Activate Standard Panels > Metadata browser > Groups: GPS. (Exif also works, but GPS is shorter).
  • With this MD layout selected, click one by one on different pictures in the same folder.
  • Each click will add a new "section" for GPS.
I am on 2023.1.14.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

MLKL1980

Quote from: thrinn on June 30, 2023, 10:51:36 AMYes, I can reproduce this:
  • Create a new Metadata Panel Layout, say "TEST"
  • Activate Standard Panels > Metadata browser > Groups: GPS. (Exif also works, but GPS is shorter).
  • With this MD layout selected, click one by one on different pictures in the same folder.
  • Each click will add a new "section" for GPS.
I am on 2023.1.14.
I have tried the Create a new "Metadata Panel Layout, say TEST" suggestion. It still duplicates everything in the metadata panel every time I click in a different photo. Example, if click on 4 photos, everything in the metadata panel will duplicate 4 times. Tried this on version 2023.1.14 as well as version 2023.1.12. Not sure if the other 2023 versions did this. I do know that all 2021 versions NEVER did this.

thrinn

Well, give Mario some time to fix this. It's just better if multiple users can reproduce the same issue - this way, probability rises that it is in fact a bug.
Thorsten

Mario

Your bug report has been noted and I will look into it.
As you might be aware, I've shipped six versions of IMatch 2023 over the past two weeks, fixing bugs as they have been reported. The last version of IMatch (2023.1.14) was shipped yesterday at 21:00 German time, less than 24 hours ago.
I cannot ship updates every day, even I need to sleep once in a while.

Do the default Metadata Panels work or do they also show this strange effect?
Export your custom layouts to backup them.
See Metadata Panel Layouts

Then import the standard layouts shipped with IMatch 2023.
See TODONew Default Metadata Panel Layouts in the IMatch 2023 - What's New? help topic.

Please try not to YELL in the community by using ALL CAPS or extra large font. Thank you.

All bug reports are read and I try to reproduce every bug. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to fix a bug and sometimes it takes
several days to fix a bug. I'll never know beforehand.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

I just checked again after importing the system.immdl into my test database. Yes, it happens with the standard MD layouts, but only if they include the standard panel Metadata Browser. For example, "1 Default" and "2 Describe", where the Metadata Browser panel is hidden, work correctly. But "3 Image" shows the strange behaviour described in this bug report. Same for "Browser".
Thorsten

Mario

Thanks for the info.
So the work-around is to set the Metadata Browser to "Hide" in the layout?

I'll look into this once the other bug reports on my to-do list for this weekend are solved.
If two users can reproduce it, I should be able to reproduce it and fix it fairly easily and include a bug fix in IMatch 2023.1.16 next week.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

Quote from: Mario on June 30, 2023, 07:05:03 PMThanks for the info.
So the work-around is to set the Metadata Browser to "Hide" in the layout?
Well, yes, but then the use of the MD Layouts is somehow limited: No metadata shown anymore... Switching to another MD Layout and back also works, but you always start off with 2 copies. For example, I modified the "Browser" Layout to only show GPS data. Close the MD editor, and you get 2 GPS sections. Each click on a picture adds a section. Maybe some kind of index problem?
2023-06-30 20_35_03-.jpg
2023-06-30 20_36_21-IM Test 01.imd5.jpg
Thorsten

MLKL1980

It Fails using the 3 Image and Browser panels. The other panels seem to be working OK. Also note none of these panels has been changed (all default). It fails on a fresh install, using no backup and a clean database.

Mario

This problem has been resolved for IMatch 2023.1.16.
Very weird side-effect.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator