Header corruption when loading

Started by Jingo, June 16, 2023, 03:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Hi.. this could be something wrong with my computer (font?) but I noticed when I load IM2023 with the dashboard active, the header overlays the panels incorrectly.  If I load IM2023 with another panel active, everything is ok.

Repro:
1 - open IMatch and select the Dashboard
2 - close IMatch and relaunch.. corrupt header

IMatch2023x64_7eGAMjEKRE.png

3 - select Media & Folders, close IMatch and relaunch... everything is a-ok

IMatch2023x64_CD8KbyTFCS.png

Thx! - Andy.

axel.hennig

axel.hennig

...maybe. Not exactly the same, but maybe related:

Choosing "Categories" closing IMatch and re-opening:
sc1.jpg

Choosing "Dashboard" closing IMatch and re-opening:
sc2.jpg

Jingo

Thx Axel - I can see the font difference on our systems so it is probably related to my "Helvetica issue"... going to try getting rid of that font family and see if perhaps it defaults to a different font.  

The truncated headers though do appear to be an issue on both systems so perhaps this is still a bug even if the display is related to my system only.

Thx!

Mario

If you click on another header, the 3rd party UI library will recalculate the navigation tabs and show all tabs with their full name. Interestingly, it seems to be only the case then the Dashboard tab is initially selected. Or maybe it's because it is the last View. Not sure. Seems to be one of those things with the 3rd party library which I have learned to despise (and which is one of the reasons why I reduce dependencies to 3rd partly libraries were possible).

I can repro what Axel is seeing (shortened view names with ellipses) but not what you see.
The font used for the tabs is the default system menu font, which is usually Tahoma for Windows 10 and later. Your font looks different, is this what you mean with Helvetica?

It should not matter, though. Both the UI library and IMatch itself retrieves information and metrics about the default fonts for menus, titles, captions etc. from Windows and then calculate other metrics, margins, icon sizes etc. dynamically from that. Maybe, for some reason, this fails on your computer?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Thx Mario - I think somewhere along the way recently, a default font I have installed (like Helvetica or Tahoma) was overwritten with another font and that is causing some issues.  I'm going to try and uninstall and reset some fonts to see if this corrects that issue on my system.  The truncated headers don't bother me as I know what the tabs are of course.. and you can't control those 3rd party libraries so nothing to sweat over.

Will report back if I fix the font issue!  Thx - Andy.

Mario

Fixed it. At least the part Axel and I could reproduce.
Might fix Jingo's problem too, not sure. Need more details about the font or what Jingo has changed in the default Windows fonts.

Close this for now.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook