Right click menu.

Started by RussellBa, June 20, 2023, 06:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RussellBa

Hi. Newbie question.
I'm trying to work through the learning centre videos and have hit a problem and not sure what I'm doing wrong.  The issue is when in the  Media & Folders palette nothing happens when I right click on any of the folders. Can anyone offer advice as to what is happening. I should mention im using a wacom intuos 4 tablet.

Mario

IMatch reacts on the standard Windows mouse-click events and on the context menu key on your keyboard.
This is all standardized. I have no idea how Wacom simulates mouse actions, but usually there should be no difference. It's basically the same as when you use the touch pad on a notebook or the red stick thingy.
This problem was never reported before so I have no idea what may cause this.

Which part of the Media & Folders View is active?
The tree control with the folders on the left or the File Window on the right?
Do other right-click context menus work in IMatch?
Does the left mouse button work, e.g. allowing you to select a file in a File Window or a folder in the Media & Folders tree?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

loweskid

Do you have Windows Ink running?  If so try disabling it.

RussellBa

Hello

Thanks for responding to my query. Its on the tree view on the left. I've had a reponse to pressing the right click key on the tablet itself but it only displayed the menu 3 times now its the same as before you can right click and the folder will be selected but that is all. I've tried it on all the other software i have and there is no problem.

As suggested by Loweskid  made sure windows ink is deactivated.

RussellBa

Dont know if this helps but i have found by accident that if i right click and hold on a folder and slide the cursor of the folder name it activates the right menu.

regards

Mario

Maybe right-lick on the folder icon, not the name?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RussellBa

Thanks again for replies. Ive managed to get it working in a sense. I removed the wacom driver and am just using the tablet as mouse in windows settings and it works.

Many regards.