Show summary status after applying track log data in map panel

Started by Bolitho, June 26, 2023, 12:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolitho

Steps I take:

In map panel
- I load a track log or several logs in a directory. (Often I have several logs of a day.)
- I select files which I want positions assigned to. (Usually I select all images of one day.)
- I call "Apply track log data..." from the pull down menu.

A progress bar appears and is directly closed when the job is done (too fast to read).

Please leave it open and add a status information like "Data to x from y selected files applied."
Thus one directly knows how successful this process was.

Mario

Just in case:
- the category "IMatch Workflow Categories|No GPS Data" shows all files without GPS data.
- you can also use this category as a filter to e.g. see which files in a folder or other scope have no GPS data.

In the Filter Panel:

You cannot view this attachment.

When you use this filter but invert the Filter Panel (toolbar button), you see only files with GPS data.

Your post count is low so I guess you are a new IMatch user.
Features like the Workflow Categories or the Filter Panel are often overlooked during the first days with IMatch (too many features ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

Applying log data from the Map Panel automatically changes the selection in the file window to only include files which could be matched. So, the information about how many files could be assigned is immediately visible at the top right of the file window (where you see the selected files/all files count).

You could also use this active selection to assign the matches files to one of the many collections (Pins, Dots, Bookmarks, ...) or to some category.

Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

Good advice. I've (almost) forgot about this selection feature.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook