Deselect images in the Viewer

Started by stefanjan2, June 30, 2023, 03:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefanjan2

When multiple images have been selected in the filmstrip it would be really good if it was possible to deselect images in the viewer in the same way as in the filmstrip CTRL Click.

Would this be easy to implement? Do you think this would be a useful enhancement.

p.s. thanks for fixing and releasing the multiple selection issue so quickly. Simply amazing support from Mario.
Also in addition to the multi select and delete on exit from viewer, I'm also frequently using the "Smart Panel" in the viewer to check focus,  clipping etc. All so useful when culling. Great software got even better!

Mario

QuoteWould this be easy to implement?
No. I've already had a look to see if this could be done quickly, but nope.
The focusing mechanism, dynamic layout building based on the selection etc. is quite complex and extending the logic to also support de-selection of an image by clicking the very same image you want to remove will add even more complexity I don't really want at this place.

You can add/remove images from the selection easily enough via the film strip.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

stefanjan2

QuoteI've already had a look to see if this could be done quickly, but nope.
Fair enough. The functionality as already delivered is a great help
QuoteYou can add/remove images from the selection easily enough via the film strip.
Possibly true if just 2 or 3 images selected using shift but less intuitive if up to 8 images selected using CTRL Click.
On my monitor I was looking to see whether it was possible to make the outlines in the film strip more obvious when thumbnails are including in the multi selection / focus but could not find an option to configure this.