Metadatatag - where to get valid tags? Is there a list?

Started by ubacher, July 06, 2023, 08:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

I am trying out formula based categories.
"@MetadataTag[]"
Where do I find (valid) names for Metadatatags to put between the []?

My understanding is that metadatatags are Imatch specific shortcuts to refer to metadata.
The closest I came to these tags are in the editor in the metadata panel. But even there I am not sure
what syntax is the correct one to use. What I tried resulted in Invalid Tag messages.

thrinn

You can find some examples in the help, e.g. hasvalue and novalue.
Basically, you should be able to use either one of the shortcodes or the long tag name. But my understanding is, that you will also must specify one of the operators.

For example, this will work:
"@MetadataTag[XMP::dc\title\Title\0,novalue]"
But if you leave out the second argument (novalue), you will get the "Tag not found" error:
"@MetadataTag[XMP::dc\title\Title\0]"
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

1. Right-click on a tag name in the Metadata Panel > Copy as Variable.
Remove the File.MD and the enclosing {}

2. Use the Tag Info app which gives access to all tags

3. Use the Metadata Tag ShortCodes list

4. Use the Browse Variables button in the Var Toy. Click on Tag Selector... to find and insert a tag variable.
Remove the File.MD and the enclosing {}
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

Thank you. My problem was that I could not find the information.

Help: I entered Metadatatag. Had I entered Metadata tag I would have found shortcodes.
( I did search for Metadatatag List)

The Tag Info App does not show on help under Metadata.

I had tried Var toy and the Copy as variable on the metadata panel but lacked the know-how to
convert the variable to a metadata tag: ( Remove the File.MD and the enclosing {} )
----------------------
In the help file under short codes it says:
QuoteHow to useYou combine the shortcode listed in the following table with the prefix File.MD. For example, the first entry from the table, aperture would be used as {File.MD.aperture}.
This should explain that this is for use in a variable

Mario:
The info you gave me in this post should probably show up somewhere in the help file.
In my case I was working with category formulas where the wording is "MetadataTag". Not sure where else
this word is used.

Mario

Quote from: ubacher on July 06, 2023, 09:06:16 PMMetadatatag
This is not really a word, and the Help Search engine will not create it from indexing the text.
I ca n add custom keywords (I have created over 1,000 manually maintained keywords for the help so far) and I regularly look at the words users are searching the help for. Not even Google finds that word when using the site: add-on.
I have added "metadatatag" to 2metadata tag" and "tag" for the next release of the help system.

The "Metadata for Beginners" help topic explains about the Tag Info app, though. And about the short codes.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook