Remove files from a File Event

Started by twe, July 19, 2023, 09:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twe

Selected all files from a recent roadtrip and created an event. Watching photos from this event in the Viewer, I found some redundant photos and wanted to press U to Unassign\Remove files from the Event, but that is not possible. 
Or is it ?  Would be very useful. 

I had to either Escape the Viewer, press U in File Window and go back to The Viewer and continue, or use some form of collection assignement (pins, bookmarks) and filtering to remove the unwanted photos from the event.  Is there a better way ? 

Mario

Click the event and then in the File Window press <U> or use the context menu > Events > Remove Selected Files from Event.
Just tried and it works fine (IMatch 2023).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

twe

Yes, sure it works with U in the File Window, but that is not where I View (cull) the photos for the the Event. 
Would it be possible to have the U key work in The Viewer ? 

Mario

Several things to consider:

A file can be in multiple events
The Viewer can show a mix of files which are in an event, or multiple, or none
If a Result Set is displayed, many files from many events can be displayed side-by-side.
All this would need to be detected and handled somehow.

I think the simple method of removing files from an Event via the <U> keyboard shortcut in the File Window is much better and simpler.

Maybe add the files to an event after culling?

Or just Bookmark them while in the Viewer and then do a quick filter on bookmarks and <Ctrl>+<A> and <U> to remove all bookmarked files from the event?

Or <Del> them and then, when asked, apply the red flag. Filter for the red flag, <Ctrl>+<A>, <U>
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

twe

Quote from: Mario on July 19, 2023, 10:56:35 AMOr just Bookmark them while in the Viewer and then do a quick filter on bookmarks and <Ctrl>+<A> and <U> to remove all bookmarked files from the event?

Yes, that is what I ended up doing, after first trying U which did not work. Will do the culling before creating an event next time. Thanks.