Squashed event view

Started by banzai, July 12, 2023, 10:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banzai

This is a screenshot of the events I have created so far:
2023-07-12 22_29_32-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay DT.png

It is not so easy to see, but there are some events overlapping, one is nearly completely hidden by another. According to the manual the events should be stacked vertically (if I got this right). The horizontal space for year 2006 (which contains only one event on 1.7.2006) is very small, which makes it hard to place this event.

Is there a way to scale this timeline? To manually enlargen the space for one year?

Ciao,   banzai

Mario

Click into the event view and press <F5>. Does this help?
If not, open the settings (Gear Icon) and disable smart folding.
If you've created truly overlapping events, maybe this helps IMatch to sort things out.

Otherwise,
please provide the start date and duration of each affected event so I may be able to reproduce this particular case.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

banzai

Ok, after starting IMatch today and switching to the event view, it suddenly looked a lot better, no overlaps, everything was neatly arranged and visible.
After doing some other stuff, switching views, going to different UIs, etc., I had suddenly the same situation as in my screenshot. Cannot really tell what exactly led to this.
But the good thing is: pressing F5 solved it, the neat view was immediately restored :)

If I find out what leads to the cluttering I will write it here, but having this refresh is good enough for me.

Ciao,   banzai