Unwanted folder getting added to the DB

Started by fincire, August 02, 2023, 06:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fincire

I have a Renamer preset called "CopyToBackup" copies the selected file to a \{d0}\BACKUP\ folder on a secondary hard drive, with instructions NOT to add the target folder(s) to the database.

This Renamer preset is used in some Automation Favorites that may also use other Renamer presets (for example, I've got one that writes pending metadata to the selected file, then runs the CopyToBackup renamer preset, then runs another renamer preset that moves the file to another directory that is included in the DB). 

For some reason, the Backup drive and folder(s) keep appearing in my DB despite the renamer preset saying they shouldn't. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to tell Imatch that it should always ignore a location when indexing? I know you can tell it to ignore folders, but it'd be best if I could get it to disregard the entire backup drive.

Thanks!

Mario

Please always include the IMatch log file from the session where you encountered an issue.
See ##imlogfile
The screen shots don't help much in this situation.

You don't add the target folder to your database with the preset using Z:
Is the Z: disk included in your database?
Or maybe a parent folder some levels higher up of the folder you use as the Z: target folder for the Renamer?

For the preset using the X: folder, you add all folders to the database. So IMatch should do just that.

When I look at the code of the Renamer, the "Add created folders to database" option is applied when the Renamer creates a new folder while copying / moving files. If the option is set, the directory hierarchy or leaf folder is added to the database, else not.
I don't see how this could fail.

QuoteIs there a way to tell Imatch that it should always ignore a location when indexing?
IMatch indexes only the drives and folders you add to your database. Nothing from the "outside" is added automatically.

IMatch automatically adds sub-folders of the folders you index, unless you disable the option when indexing. IMatch only adds sub-folders of indexed folders automatically when you enable the advanced system monitoring under Edit > Preferences > Indexing. Otherwise only folders in the database are monitored and you need to add new sub-folders manually. This is the default.

You can exclude sub-folders by regexp (same preferences dialog), but that's meant to exclude unwanted "settings/config" folders some RAW processors sprinkle all over the hard disk.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

fincire

Here's the log file.

To answer your question, Z:\ has the database itself as well as the is the backup folders.

X:\ is the working drive where the photos are and where most of the work is done.

Maybe it's caused by the copy instruction mirroring a folder name to the Backup directory? Overall this seems to be an issue when I combine the two Renamer presets (Copy to Backup and Move to Staging) in a single auto-action, so maybe it's just a matter of separating those tasks out. 

Mario

The log file is not in debug logging mode (see log file) so the information is limited.
I see many errors about dependencies for categories to the @Builder category. Looks like you have a formula in @Builder that's no longer valid. This will resolve itself when you close the database or clear the  @Builder category.

Database is on Z:
I see logs for files in the folders "Z:/4-70 PreScreen Backup/" or "Z:/4-70 PreScreen Backup/Scouting/". I don't know what these mean, because the log is not in debug mode. Probably IMatch checking folders and files for changes? Which means that these folders are indexed by your database.

Renamer was not run in that IMatch session, so no related info.

If you don't want folders from drive Z: in your database, right-click the top-level folders in the Media & Folders View tree control and use the REMOVE from database (do not confuse with DELETE).

Switch to debug logging and run your Renamer presets.
Close IMatch.
ZIP (!) and upload the log file.
If the Renamer adds new folders to the database, it will be logged. Then we know more.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook