[2023.1.22] No refresh of keywords in grid view

Started by Rene Toepfer, August 06, 2023, 03:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rene Toepfer

If I confirm reverse Geocoding (CTRL+M,G) the keywords will not be shown in grid view below the image. In previous versions of IM these keywords were shown below the image afterwards confirming Reverse Geocoding. As it can be seen in the window "Schlüsselwörter" IM sets the keywords correct.

The option to save the keywords in the database is also not available (greyed out). IMHO That's correct because that are already written in the database. It seems that it is "only" the grid view will not be refreshed (or similar) properly.
If I choose another keyword and save them (CTRL+S) the keywords by Reverse Geocoding will also be shown in grid view.
Screenshot 2023-08-06 151116.png

Mario

I cannot reproduce this.
I have tried both a File Window layout using the standard attribute "Hierarchical  Keywords" ("Headline, Description and Keywords") and a custom template which uses this custom template:

{File.MD.XMP::Lightroom\hierarchicalSubject\HierarchicalSubject|replace:~;=={lf};sort:asc}

I set reverse geo-coding to create keywords from: {File.MD.country}|{File.MD.state}|{File.MD.city}
As soon as I close the reverse geocoding dialog, the File Window updates and shows the new keywords.
I tried with geocoding individual files and multiple files with "Lookup all".

Which FW layout do you use and how is it constructed?
How to you reverse geocode the files?
What happens if you click into the File Window and press <F5> to refresh it?

The behavior of the Metadata Panel is normal and correct.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Rene Toepfer

IM creates all keywords but does not show them immediatelly afterwards closing the reverse geocoding dialog. It seems that it depends on the used provider - but more below.

Quote from: Mario on August 06, 2023, 04:12:36 PMWhich FW layout do you use and how is it constructed?
I have attached the setting of my used layout as ZIP compressed file.
With keywords it should look like this:
Screenshot 2023-08-06 212457.png

Quote from: Mario on August 06, 2023, 04:12:36 PMHow to you reverse geocode the files?
This is my keyword string:
Ort;Ort|{File.MD.country|default:KEIN LAND};Ort|{File.MD.country|default:KEIN LAND}|{File.MD.city|default:KEIN LAND};Ort|{File.MD.country|default:KEIN LAND}|{File.MD.city|default:KEIN LAND}|{File.MD.location|default:KEIN ORT}
I have tested this time with Google and HERE. For my initial post I only used HERE because in previous releases of IM there was not difference between both providers in behaviour. With current release it seems that there is a difference! Using Google, IM shows the keywords immediately afterwards closing the reverse geocoding dialog (as expected) but afterwards HERE not. Does IM handle both providers different?

Quote from: Mario on August 06, 2023, 04:12:36 PMWhat happens if you click into the File Window and press <F5> to refresh it?
Nothing happens. The keywords will not be shown until I set another one and save them or write-back the metadata.

I tried aforementioned tests with files on my NAS as well as on local storage.

Mario

Works here.
I select two images. One has already keywords, the other has none.

I configure Edit > Preferences > Geo & Maps to use your custom variable and switch to HERE for reverse geocoding.

Select both files, run reverse geocoding, select Lookup all and close the dialog with OK.
The File Window updates and shows the result (I've used your layout, too):

Image2.jpg

Anything different in your workflow?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Rene Toepfer

Mario

So what could cause the different experience?
(I also don't recall this issue having reported ever before).

In which View are you in when this happens?
Is a filter active in the Filter Panel?
Do you use the File Window search bar?
Which panels are open?
Any detail may be important and the cause of this update issue.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

I'll try to provide all these information tonight. 
Would be a log file helpfully? 

Mario

QuoteWould be a log file helpfully? 
Sure. Switch IMatch to debug logging (Help menu > Support) and then reverse geocode some files.
Then use Help menu > Copy Log File to export the log, ZIP and attach.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

I have attached two log files:
-Here
-Google

Mario

Keyword processing is independent from the service used for reverse geocoding.
In both logs, reverse geocoding data is received and processed. Metadata is written and the @Keywords category is invalidated, which means keywords have been changed. Looks OK to me.

Just a warning in the log. You don't have installed a spell checker dictionary, which prevents IMatch from doing spell checking in the Keywords Panel, Metadata Panel and Attributes panel.

Nothing that would give a hint at the apparently pretty unique effect you see.

You did not answer my questions from my reply.

What happens if you use another FW layout, e.g. the default Headline, Description and Keywords layout?
Does the Keywords Panel show the keywords after reverse geoding?
What does the variable {File.MD.hierarchicalkeywords} show when you paste it into VarToy?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: Mario on August 08, 2023, 10:05:16 AMIn which View are you in when this happens?
-Window (F12,W)

Quote from: Mario on August 08, 2023, 10:05:16 AMIs a filter active in the Filter Panel?
No

Quote from: Mario on August 08, 2023, 10:05:16 AMDo you use the File Window search bar?
No

Quote from: Mario on August 08, 2023, 10:05:16 AMWhich panels are open?
The bold ones are active.
Media & Folders, Properties, Verzeichnis-Filter (there is no English translation), Lesezeichen (also no English translation shown)
Metadata, Filter, Karte (Map), Info & Aktivität, Keywords, Favoriten (Favorites), Kategorien (Categories), App-Manager

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: Mario on August 08, 2023, 06:23:19 PMYou did not answer my questions from my reply.
I was interrupted while anserwing.

Quote from: Mario on August 08, 2023, 06:23:19 PMWhat happens if you use another FW layout, e.g. the default Headline, Description and Keywords layout?
Does the Keywords Panel show the keywords after reverse geoding?
This layout works as expected.

Quote from: Mario on August 08, 2023, 06:23:19 PMWhat does the variable {File.MD.hierarchicalkeywords} show when you paste it into VarToy?
The keywords will be shown:
Screenshot 2023-08-08 183706.png

Mario

QuoteThis layout works as expected.
This would indicate a problem with your custom layout.
I've looked at it again.

You use "Keywords" (XMP dc:Subject), not "Hierarchical Keywords" (which you should).
I see no difference on my system (IMatch maps hierarchical keywords to flat keywords dynamically, not waiting for write-back). But maybe it makes a difference on your system. Switch to hierarchical keywords. You should only use hierarchical keywords since these are the master from which IMatch produces flat keywords during write.back.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: Mario on August 08, 2023, 06:45:22 PMYou use "Keywords" (XMP dc:Subject), not "Hierarchical Keywords" (which you should).
I have only selected from the menu in the layout editor:
Screenshot 2023-08-08 184856.png

But I am fine with that we've found the reason for this behaviour and how to solve it. So I will change my layout as recommended by you.

In the settings it is chosen Hierarchical Keywords:
Screenshot 2023-08-08 185131.png

Thanks for your support!

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

I just wanted to tell that I have not set a formula or similar for "Keywords".

Mario

Is this now resolved after you switched your custom layout to "Hierarchische Schlüsselwörter"?
If the default layouts work, the VarToy and Keywords Panel show the keywords added by reverse geocoding, it can only be the custom layout that is causing this...?!
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

If I use hierarchical keywords in my custom layout it works for them as expected. Flat keywords will only be shown afterwards write back to the files as you explained. Therefore, I have changed to hierarchical keywords.
This explanation and solution is fine to me and we can close this issue.

P.S.: It's great how powerful the custom layout of file window is. I was not expecting this and opened a huge amount of possibilities.. :-)

P.P.S.: In the headers of the file window linebreaks are not possible but in footer.

Mario

QuoteP.P.S.: In the headers of the file window linebreaks are not possible but in footer.
Image1.jpg

Seems to work just fine. Just use a Size (e.g. 100) to give the layout some room to wrap text.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Mario

QuoteIf I use hierarchical keywords in my custom layout it works for them as expected. Flat keywords will only be shown afterwards write back to the files as you explained.
IMatch does this in the database immediately, not just during write back. Keywords / rating / label are treated special.
When I do a reverse geocode on a file without keywords and using the Keywords Metadata Panel layout, this is what I get, before - after:

Image2.jpg
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: Mario on August 09, 2023, 10:41:49 AMSeems to work just fine. Just use a Size (e.g. 100) to give the layout some room to wrap text.
You are right for lines extending the width, than the text will be wraped. What I mean is a new line by CTRL+ENTER:
LINE 1
LINE 2

I explained unclear.

Rene Toepfer

As shown on my example, the linebreaks I created will not be considered:
Screenshot 2023-08-09 120814.png

This is what I used (x only for visualization that I have set linebreaks):
{File.MD.shutterspeed|value:formatted;default:n.v.} s; f={File.MD.focallength35mm|default:n.v.} mm; F={File.MD.aperture|default:n.v.}; ISO {File.MD.iso|default:n.v.}
x
x
Objektiv: {File.MD.lens|default:n.v.}

I tried also a brand new layout. Same behaviour.

Shall I open a new topic for this issue?

Mario

The File Window renders XAML code. Line breaks (0x0D,0x0A or line feed, carriage return) mean nothing to XAML.
Use <LineBreak/>. See Formatting Output with XAML

Ps.: Try not to merge different things in to the same thread.
This thread is about No refresh of keywords in grid view and now we are discussing why your user-defined layout does not render normal line breaks.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

I have read the <LineBreak/> but not expected that it is also for the file window layout. Thanks!

Mario

File Window Layouts: Custom Templates
"You can use XAML formatting to format and highlight text, display custom icons, create tables and more.".
This also has links to examples that show how to output more than a single line of text in a header / footer cell.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator