Where to copy (for pasting) the full file address

Started by reader, July 03, 2013, 07:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reader

Is there a place in any of the views where a user can mouse copy a full path and filename for the selected file?

The little 'I' icon on the thumbs shows most of it but it cannot be accessed to copy near as I can tell.

Its always handy to have a quick and easy way to copy the full /path/and/filename for pasting elsewhere...

claudermilk

I believe you can find that in the Metadata panel. If it's not there by default, you can add that information.

herman

The var toy app is an excellent tool for these things!
Enjoy!

Herman.

reader

Quote from: herman on July 03, 2013, 08:50:42 PM
The var toy app is an excellent tool for these things!

"var toy" gets no useful google hits.  Can you explain?

BenAW

"Var Toy" is one of the apps you can load in an App Panel

herman

Sure, but I can not beat the excellent helpfile  :)

Make an app panel visible, select the var toy app, use {File.FullName} as variable and you will see what you want to see.
Enjoy!

Herman.

Mario

The fully qualified path of the currently focused file is displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the IMatch window (on the right).

To copy a file to the clipboard, press <Ctrl>+<C>
This does not really copy the file, but IMatch copies a link. And a list of the fully qualified file names of all selected files. You can then paste this list into other applications.

When you type Copy  in the Index tab of the IMatch help, you'll see the sub topics named File names into other applications or Folder names into other applications. The corresponding topics contain more info and are worth a read.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

reader

Quote from: Mario on July 03, 2013, 09:18:21 PM
The fully qualified path of the currently focused file is displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the IMatch window (on the right).

To copy a file to the clipboard, press <Ctrl>+<C>
This does not really copy the file, but IMatch copies a link. And a list of the fully qualified file names of all selected files. You can then paste this list into other applications.

When you type Copy  in the Index tab of the IMatch help, you'll see the sub topics named File names into other applications or Folder names into other applications. The corresponding topics contain more info and are worth a read.

Nice.. I should have known there would be full coverage of something that useful!

minstrel

Thanks Mario,

This is a relief...and so simple.   I see it will take some time to cross-over from 3.6 to 5.  I've used ctrl+shift+c to copy file names/locations for a way long time.  Now,  it's accomplished with even less effort, it's just Ctrl+c.

Minstrel