Thumbnail & Quick View images Incorrect

Started by moviemaker445, August 30, 2023, 02:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moviemaker445

Hello Mario,
Have come across another little problem that I have been unable to fix.
I discovered several files in my Database that had incorrect Thumbnails/Quick View images. A 'Force Update' Rescan on the files fixed all but two. I have tried all the other Rescan Options without success.
Also used 'Database Diagnostics' and 'Compact and Optimise' to no avail.

Any ideas how this might be solved?

A screen grab showing IMatch displaying the two files is included. In the grab, File Explorer shows the correct image for file XT1_4741 [2015-07-03 @ 07;40;48]_j.jpg

I have included the image file as well. Hope that is enough info for you to check the problem out. :-)

Mario

Do you have a procedure that causes this.

This was reported a few times over the years, but it was never reproducible and neither was there information about under which condition this happened.

JPEG files are usually immune against this, since IMatch does not create cache images and always loads the original JPEG file for the Quick View Panel. It gets the file name from the database and then loads the JPG via WIC directly into the Quick View Panel. Not much that can go wrong.

Or do you use cache images for JPEG files?
Did you, at some point, copy the cache folder to another disk or system?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

I was one of the folks that reported this a few times in the past but could never pin down anything that caused the issue.  I only use JPG's in my database so there is no versioning or proxy image / cache image involved.  I haven't noticed this occurring in recent times but it could still be happening and I just haven't hit the steps.  

A tough one for figure out for sure - the force rescan is what I do to fix so not a big deal.