Does face recognition on visual proxies?

Started by Ismir Schlecht, September 04, 2023, 05:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ismir Schlecht

Hi,

can face recognition be made to work with visual proxies? I did not manage. What I see is
- face detection seems to work, at least in quick view a green box is indicated
- sometimes the green box is not centered on the face - can I assume, this happens in the case of cropped visual proxies?
- I don't manage to train face recognition, menu is greyed out in viewer

Is this a limitation or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

André

Mario

Face recognition and face annotations (like all annotations) work with the individual image.
Annotations use coordinates specific for an image, and "showing" the annotations created for a master image on the proxy or vice versa will not work correctly.

IMatch performs face recognition on both your master files and versions and adds individual face annotations for all files.

This behavior is by design.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Pawel

What is the best strategy to have people tagged/annotated in both the originals and the proxy files? I have over 50.000 raw files and my aim is to have a developed JPG version/proxy for every raw file. So far I was annotating only raw files, I see however that IMatch keeps on recognizing faces in JPG proxies and knowing that that behaviour is by design I think about annotating faces in the JPG versions, too. 

How should I approach a task like this providing I would like to use face annotations already contained in the raw files to a maximum extent ? A versioning relation between raws and JPGs to propagate the annotations once (and correct for cropping subsequently) and then switch the propagation off? 

Mario

IMatch runs face recognition on all files in your database, master or versions.
Unless you disable automatic face recognition and only run it manually on some files (which you apparently do).

Usually, this is a non problem. IMatch automatically recognizes faces and assigns persons in your masters and versions.
Usually, when both the master and the version contain the same faces and you assign a person to the face in the master, the person is automatically assigned and confirmed in the version too. Unless the version differs vastly from the master.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook