Opening file in Quick View?

Started by cg, September 23, 2023, 08:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cg

I've looked through the documentation and couldn't find this function, so maybe someone can help answer this. How does one open the active file in the Viewer in the Quick View window?

A bit more context:

It seems as though I do most of my work in the Viewer window (face annotating, etc.), as it pre-loads files, so is fast and responsive as I'm scrolling through images. I haven't really used the Quick View window much at all up to this point. But the Quick View window is where the new video player is. I'd like to be able to open whatever file is focused in the Viewer window in the Quick View, mainly to play video, but there may be other useful things with that workflow too. At the moment, the closest thing I could find was ^G to open the focused file in the File Window, which, in turn, opens it in the Quick View. However many times, I'm working in the Categories, Collections, or Search Results tab, and not file Folders. Is there a shortcut to do this directly without having to switch back and forth between tabs?

Thanks!

Mario

The Quick View Panel always loads/displays the focused file in the File Window.
The Quick View Panel is a global panel and available in all Views.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tveloso

I would also welcome an option in the viewer, that functions like Ctrl+G, but does not switch IMatch to the Media and Folders View.

I'll go ahead and post a Feature Request, to see if there's any interest in such a function.

--Tony

ubacher

I think this will come up now that we have  a built in video player: If a video appears in the viewer how can we
quickly/conveniently get to play the video?

Mario

Quote from: ubacher on September 24, 2023, 07:16:08 PMf a video appears in the viewer how can we
quickly/conveniently get to play the video?
Just enable auto-play in the video player?
You can then even preview videos using the <SPACE> bar File Window trick. See File Window help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook