Renaming buddy files

Started by Mees Dekker, September 28, 2023, 01:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mees Dekker

When editing RAW photo's in PS, the edited jpg's are written with "kopie" (Dutch version of PS) in the file name. My versions are configured in a way that these jpg's become a version and buddy of the original RAW file.

I used to apply the batch-renamer to remove "kopie" from all the buddies/versions. Until recently I got a warning that you should not change the name of a buddy file (makes sense), but the renamer dit its work anyway.

Since 2023.3.2, this is no longer the case. The warning is still the same, but now the batch-renamer does not change the name of the buddy files (i.e. does not remove "kopie" from the name of the buddy-file). Am I missing something here or is this on purpose?

Mario

This is intentional and should've worked that way always.

A buddy file is automatically renamed when the master file is renamed. Renaming the buddy file directly can break the relation to the master file.
To deal with edge cases / problems, you can still manually rename a buddy file using <F2>, but the Renamer does not allow this.

Select only master files for your rename operation, and the buddy files are renamed automatically.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook