yellow label option results in yellow-green label

Started by timoteo, October 28, 2023, 07:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timoteo

When I set a photo label to YELLOW (right-click->Label->Yellow), the yellow "chip" indicating the color in the dialog shows a nice, bright, strong yellow. When I click on the yellow "chip" to set the image label to yellow, the resulting color is a yellow-green closer to green than the yellow on the "chip". It's not my monitor I don't think - I can get the desired bright yellow in MS Paint easily. It is difficult for me to tell the yellow-green resulting from the "Yellow" label option from the green using the "Green" label option - they look very similar to me.

Why can't I get the strong yellow label I want for a label color instead of this yellow-green color?  

Mario

File Windows perform a gradient fill with the label color to produce the "bar"/button look for the label. This blends from a slightly darker label color to a slightly lighter label color.
The blending also happens when you enable the option in the File Window layout to fill the entire panel with the label color.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

timoteo

I would like to use the true yellow instead of the yellow-green. I can BARELY tell the yellow label from the green label here. Is there a way to make my yellow label match the yelow "chip" color ?

Mario

Feel free to add a feature request.
I don't know what you mean by 'yellow chip color'.

Note that major imaging applications who work with labels use bright and easily to differentiate colors for labels.
IMatch ships with a predefined label set that incorporates relevant label names and colors used by other applications.

If you create custom label colors that make it hard to tell a green label from a yellow label on your system, maybe pick some different colors?
This is how a yellow and a green label looks with the standard IMatch label colors on my screen:

Image1.jpg

The could be made to look even brighter and different via the label color configuration options available in Edit menu > Preferences > Metadata. See XMP Labels for more information.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook