Recommendation for digital picture frame app?

Started by mastodon, November 16, 2023, 08:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastodon

I am making a digital picture frame (DPF) from an old tablet, which should locally store a copy of all the images that should be shown. I like to have an app, that can handle tags, that are made by IMatch. So, that users can have a timeline view, and can filter for face tags and locations, and serach for text in headline and description. Even offline.
A bit like IMatch Anywhere. I have purchsed IMA, it works great, but on the server side I have something wrong, so it can not penetrate my firewall.
What app can do that?

Mario

QuoteA bit like IMatch Anywhere. I have purchsed IMA, it works great, but on the server side I have something wrong, so it can not penetrate my firewall.
You mean you cannot connect to IMWS running on your server?
DO NOT open ports on your server to the Internet. Bots will crawl all over your server and it will be hacked within a day.

If your server runs in your local network and you try to start IMatch Anywhere WebViewer on your tablet and it fails, the most likely reason is that you have used a COMPUTER NAME in the configuration file for IMatch Anywhere WebViewer and the computer name cannot be resolved (computer name => IP address). This is usually the case with Apple devices in Windows networks. In that case you need to use the IP address of your server in the imwsConfig.json file.
This is explained in the IMatch WebViewer help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mastodon

Thanks, we have chat about my problem before, but we can not work out. Maybe windows firewall, maybe the router. Actually I should better make a clean win install, that would solve the problem. But it is overhelming to set up all progs. It defenitely not realeted with IMatch, but my congig.