Location in the Maps Panel

Started by zematima, November 17, 2023, 12:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zematima

Hi all:

1 - Create a location in the maps panel (1.jpg)
2 - Choose other picture , called the location created in 1 and clicked on the apply the coordinates to the picture (2.jpg). Nothing happens.
3 - If I called the location created and put a placeholder inside the circle and click on the apply the coordinates to the picture it works fine (3.jpg).
4 - So, after create the location and when I call it back, I must put always the placeholder inside the circle and then apply the coordinates to the picture?

For me after create the location, when i call it again, it should put the coordinates shown in 1.jpg inside any picture I choose.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Mario

This is not how you apply a location.
This toolbar button applies the coordinates of the target marker to all selected files.

To apply the coordinates of a location, right-click the location and choose "Apply Location coordinates..." from the context menu of the location:

Image1.jpg

See Applying a Location for the corresponding help topic.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

To quickly assign locations for often used places, I create Metadata Templates and simply assign a location I've defined.  Then, it is just a simple click of a favorite to assign the location (or keyboard shortcut, etc).

zematima