Added a 2nd Monitor (Can't move panels to 2nd (older) Monitor)

Started by kiwilink, December 02, 2023, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

Reference:  How to move floating panels between different monitors?
Started by akirot, November 04, 2020, 04:22:53 AM

I just bought a new 4K monitor.  I decided to use my old monitor to move panels from Imatch to it.  The old monitor is a 2560x1440.  I'm having the same issue as the folks in this 2020 post referenced above.  Tried the different fixes but none work.  When I grab a panel and drag it to the old monitor I see part of it.  Just can't get it to drag (or push) all the way to the old monitor.  If I change the 4K monitor resolution to match my older monitor it works.  If there is a better way I'm interested in trying it.  I didn't see anyone with this issue after 2020 so I hope I didn't miss it in the community posts. 

Mario

Might be a Windows issue. Might be a display driver issue.
The moving of panels is handled by Windows, not IMatch.
Reboot. Update the graphic card driver etc.
I have not heard about this problem for a long time, and I use different displays with different resolutions and DPI settings very often with IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

Thank you for the response.  I did have the latest drivers for video card (had to buy a new one to support the new 4K monitor).  When both monitors are at the same resolution I can moved panels to the older monitor.  Unfortunately, when I then go to my new one and change the resolution the panel automatically jump back from the old monitor to the new one.

I'll just use one monitor.  Thanks for the reply. 

Kiwilink

Mario

Strange. Maybe move the window so it overlaps both monitors. Release the mouse. 
Then click on the caption on the target monitor and pull it or push it.

Just tried. I can see no problems with  this using two monitors with different resolutions and/or DPI settings.
For example, IMatch running on a 4K monitor with 3840px. Undocking a panel and moving it to the second monitor which runs at 1920 pixel. There is a slight "shudder" when Windows moves the window across, but that's it.
Panel shows twice as big on the second monitor, of course.
Moving it back works also as expected.

I usually run my main 4K monitor at 150% scaling (the default) and 4K res. The other 4K monitor runs at 100% scaling, to see "more" and for easier IMatch testing. Moving IMatch or panels between both monitors was never a problem.
I can also connect the two 4K monitors to my laptop and it works on all monitors alike.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook