Attributes not appearing when entered

Started by Thomsob, December 07, 2023, 09:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomsob

Hi,
I'm not sure if this has been answered anywhere, but I did search and couldn't find anything.

I use attribute fields to write up data for images. By using attributes I can then write the fields into various metadata fields and I have a few different macros to allow me to write different attribute combinations into files, depending on where they are being used. So attributes are important (for me)! 

If I have a multiple images, I have been selecting them all and then creating an attribute 'row' and writing up info that applies to all the images. Then I go back to the individual images and write in the specific data for each. However when I go back like that, the original attribute row has mysteriously disappeared and I have a blank attributes area (says No Items). So then I write in some specific data for an image and lo and behold, the original info suddenly reappears. Now I have two rows of data. Not very useful because in some cases I may doubled up and that will be entered twice into the relevant metadata field. Is there some reason why this occurs? Is it just me? Maybe the second question is, since you can now get some idea of what I am doing, is there a better way?? 

thanks for any ideas! cheers, Bruce 

Mario

I've tried that just now.
Attribute Panel set to merge mode.
Select 4 files.
<Ctrl>+<PageDown> to create a new row.
Enter values for all Attributes.
Click on the first image. The selection is removed and the one image is focused.
I see the Attributes I've entered for that file. Also for all other files. Looks OK to me.

This problem was never before reported and I cannot reproduce it.
Can you provide mode details?
How does your workspace look. Is the Attributes panel docked, floating or on a secondary monitor.
Any detail, step, keyword shortcut etc. may matter in cases where a problem apparently shows up on one computer only.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook