Pack Go Error (Failed to add file. Error writing data)

Started by kiwilink, December 08, 2023, 11:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

I have never had any errors in the last year running Pack and Go.  Ysterday and tofay I have tried everal times to run it and each time I get this same error and its on different images.  Never the same image.  I ran Database Diagnostics.  No errors.  The only thing that ocurred is we had a thunderstorm and lost power a few days ago.  Imatch was running.  I restared IMATCH and it and it ran fine.  Don't know if this caused any issues.

Kiwilink

Added file C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\previewcache\E450B4BE-7A8C-4807-8561-6C03EEC73D91\11\110213.jpg (100.00%)
Error: Failed to add file 'C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\previewcache\E450B4BE-7A8C-4807-8561-6C03EEC73D91\11\110214.jpg' : Error writing data to file.
Failed or aborted by user.
Package file 'J:\IMATCH5\PackandGo\IMatch_20231208.impag' deleted.
Duration: 00:10:41

Mario

Sounds like P&G could not pack a cache image for some reason?

Which virus checker do you use?
Enough disk space on the target media?

Please always attach the P&G log and protocol files (see IMatch Help System, press <F1> in Pack & Go).
It might contain the data or info we need to solve this particular problem.
If it always worked before, do you have an idea of what may have changed?
New virus checker? Other software installed? Different backup media?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

I had 5 pack and Go files (42GB each) and only had 41GB left when it tried to backup Imatch.  I had no idea I had 5 backups so I am so sorry that I didn't check this first.  Definitely feel remorse for posting this without checking it.
I'm doing a lot with IMATCH so I should have checked this.  Cleaned up the older backups and all working again.

Sorry Mario!  Please forgive me.

Kiwilink

Mario

Keep in mind that Pack & Go is not a backup software. It is a tool for transferring IMatch databases and settings between computers easily, e.g. between your desktop and laptop.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook