Time To Assign Categories

Started by Darius1968, December 10, 2023, 04:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I've noticed that when I assign categories to my files, it registers instantly, if I tick the checkbox(s) in the Category panel.  However, if I choose to use either the Recent tab of the Category panel or a Category-favorite, it seems to take a second or so for the action to register.  What could be causing this?  I ask because if I have around 10 Category-favorites I want to assign, it's slowing my workflow with the hesitation adding wait-time. 

Mario

I've measures 0.1 second between the user clicking the category favorite and the file being added to the category.
Then there will be a short delay until the corresponding events reach the File Window and it reloads.

For a 80,000K database and a File Window showing 1,400 files, I measures about 0.5 to 0.8 seconds. It's tricky to measure precisely because it's so fast.

I get about the same timings and execution times when checking the same categories in the Categories Panel.

Your mileage will vary, depending on number of files in the File Window, if versions are involved, computer speed etc.
When you click then favorites in quick succession, the File Window will wait a short time, to avoid constant reloading for every event.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook