Metadata Templates

Started by rienvanham, December 16, 2023, 05:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rienvanham

Hi Mario,

There might be a bug (or I am doing something stupid) in the dropdown "Metadata Templates" in "Metadata": I have that much templates that they don't fit in the box. In earlier versions of iMatch this wasn't a problem: if I reach the bottom of the box the content is scrollend so that the rest becomes visible (same on the top side).
In the current version 2023.5.2 (whatever I try) I can't get it scrolling so my last templates aren't reachable.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Rien.

Mario

Have you enabled experimental features and use ribbons?
Ribbons use standard Windows menus now, for improved compatibility and support for user preferences like dark mode. I don't think Windows can scroll menus. How many templates do you have? The average is ~7 templates according to telemetry. Which screen resolution? How is the Metadata Panel sized and positioned? Windows should be able to fit 20 or 30 templates in that menu under normal conditions.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

rienvanham

Hi Mario,

Yes, I have the new buttons present.
I disabled the experimental features and now it works again! (see picture). I have a lot of templates (37); this is because I am trying a lot of things and want to save already working templates (which have to be improved).

Rien

rienvanham

My resolution is 4K (3840 * 2160) - 150%
2 screens: on screen 2: preview, map and metadata.

Sorry, can't get it done to insert a photo of my screen.

Mario

The menu can present up to 29 metadata templates (same as in the old toolbars).
This number is fixed since it is tied to menu handlers.

I have added more than 30 templates to my database. The menu displays them all.
Windows enlarges the menu and positions it automatically. This is what I see on a 4K screen with 150% scaling:

Image1.jpg

Does the menu on your system not fit on the screen with 30 templates?
How does it look? Windows usually takes care for this automatically.
Screen resolution? DPI settings?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

rienvanham

yes, 30 items are displayed; not more. Enlarging the panel doesn't help.

"I have added more than 30 templates to my database. The menu displays them all." ????
I count 30 items; not more.

Don't you use a DropDownList for it?

rienvanham

Hi Mario,

Don't spend too much time on this issue. I have a workaround by adding them to the Favorites.On the other hand I will cleanup the templates soon.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Rien.

Mario

QuoteI count 30 items; not more. 
Yes. That's what I said. The maximum number of templates IMatch will display is 30.
This has not changed since IMatch 5, I believe. It's a hard-coded limit.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

thrinn

Quote from: rienvanham on December 16, 2023, 07:05:31 PMI have a workaround by adding them to the Favorites.On the other hand I will cleanup the templates soon.
And don't forget the awesome Command Palette where you also can find and execute your templates simply by name.
Just start typing, e.g. "(Me", and see what happens...
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

rienvanham

Thanks guys!

@Mario:

What am I understanding wrongly?

I have added more than 30 templates to my database. <--- so, more than 30 are available
The menu displays them all.  <--- so, more than 30 are displayed??

Mario

You can add 50 templates, but you will see only the first 30 templates.
I'm tired and might not have worded it correctly. Just thought the gist was clear.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

rienvanham

"I'm tired"

I fully understand that. Thanks for your fast answers and great service. Dankeschön!

Grüße aus die Niederlanden und hoffentlich Feierabond für dich ab jetzt.

Rien.