How can I avoid automatic confirmation of faces in newly imported files?

Started by Pawel, January 07, 2024, 10:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pawel

I would like IMatch perform face recognition however to  never confirm any person automatically, neither for new files nor files already present in the database. 

My Face Recognition settings are as follows:
  • Automatic Face Recognition = Yes
  • Face Recognition Image Size = Default Size. For normal-sized faces. 
  • Face Recognition Quality = Default. Good recognition rate.
  • Automatically assign persons to faces = Yes
  • Automatically confirm faces = Never
  • Consider lifetime = Yes

I noticed that newly imported files have faces assigned to different (not always correct) persons and already confirmed. Is it normal? How can I avoid that?

Mario

I assume these files already contain XMP face regions and IMatch uses the associated "tag" to link the faces to persons.
If you don't want this, either correct the face regions in the originating app or camera or disable the XMP region import in IMatch (not recommended). See Working with XMP Face Regions
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Pawel

Hmm, I don't think the images already contained XMP face regions - these were images straight from a camera (Ricoh GR III/IIIx) and processed in Adobe Camera Raw only - no Lightroom (nor any other app) involved at all. 

Even if the images did contain face regions (should the Ricohs or ACR create them) I am sure these were not tagged with the persons that were visible as confirmed persons in IMatch - the faces got assigned to persons I am sure neither Ricoh nor ACR have ever seen.  

Pawel

Addtional problem I noticed: some of these new faces (from files imported in a last week or so) are visible not only as assigned and confirmed but also as trained for the wrong persons. 

Mario

Did you actually check the files?
Use the The ExifTool Command Processor with the "List Metadata" preset and then search for region.
As always, a sample image which produces this problem would be helpful.

When automatic confirmation is off, IMatch will not confirm faces except for existing face regions.

QuoteAddtional problem I noticed: some of these new faces (from files imported in a last week or so) are visible not only as assigned and confirmed but also as trained for the wrong persons. 
Normal. IMatch automatically trains the first n confirmed faces.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Pawel

Unfortunately I don't have any copies of the raw images to check for regions before importing them into IMatch - all my images are already imported and out of spite, I formatted all my memory cards yesterday (New Year's cleaning). >:( 

I will try to reproduce this problem on a fresh set of files.