Help me to improve and make IMatch better visible

Started by Mario, January 12, 2024, 08:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

This is the IMatch page on www.photools.com

https://www.photools.com/imatch/

Do you see any issues, typos, strange wording?
Anything I could improve?
Let me know please!

Years ago, I've had a very detailed set of pages that explained what IMatch does.
I've reduced this to one page during the last redesign a while ago.

The new page offers a good amount of details (and links to the help if visitors have detail questions).
But it puts an emphasis on (animated) images for "show not tell" where applicable.
Modern audiences don't read long texts anymore (and maybe don't have the required attention span, sadly).

I'm spoiled!

I'm to deep in the IMatch project and DAM topics to be able to look at it as a normal person or regular user.
Or as a new user looking into IMatch for the first time.

The big companies maintain entire teams/departments of marketing people, psychologists, SEO experts and whatnot to get their message out...I'm just me.

If you think that something is missing, wrong or should be added, let me know.

This week, I've got two emails from different persons (new IMatch users) which basically said: "I didn't know about IMatch before. I'm so happy I've found it. But I'd wish I'd had found it years ago".

This makes me said. I have no idea how to get the "word out". I have no leverage or marketing powers.

When I contact a photography-oriented web site, blogger or YouTube channel, I usually never get a response or a nicely formulated "Give us (a lot of) money first" response.

Looking at how much it would cost per month to "bid" for DAM-related keywords on Google/FB ads, makes my head hurt.
Companies like Adobe and the big DAM vendors have all DAM-related keywords pretty much locked and pay a lot of money to keep it that way.
If I would pay for ads, they would probably never show.
Google recommends to start with a 5,000 US$ per month ad budget to get some traction with ads. Ridiculous.
The advertisement and "endorsement" budget of Adobe alone is about 200 million US$ per year!

If you have some ideas how to improve my web site or how to get the word out, let me know.
The German computer magazine c`t had a very good review of IMatch last month, in a DAM comparison article. I have no idea how to get reviewed or even mentioned elsewhere. If you have any ideas/contacts/suggestions, let me know.s
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mastodon

Cooperation in advertising with other small, but well appreciated  companies, like Affinity?
Short PROBLEM solving videos with IMatch about situations, that is often arise and frustrate other users? Like how to deal with metadata mess, how to add data (where, when, who) easy in a mass, find "that special" photo, privacy safe offline face recognition etc. AND about robustness: no crashes, no data loss, no incorrect or special data formats, and prim data export/import features (no lock in).
IMatch Anywhere is a great tool for sharign pictures with the grandparents and other relatives without to sell your famaily to google.

mopperle

Just some short ideas on improvement:

- your "impressum" can kill you, you are writing, that it is a "private" site which it is definitely not.
check this https://www.bmuv.de/themen/verbraucherschutz/digitaler-verbraucherschutz/impressumspflicht#c66866
or this
https://www.ihk.de/wiesbaden/recht/rechtsberatung/internetrecht-und-werbung/internetauftritt-rechtliche-anforderungen-und-pflichten-1255572
or this
https://www.frankfurt-main.ihk.de/recht/uebersicht-alle-rechtsthemen/vertragsrecht-und-e-commerce-recht/rechtliche-anforderungen-fuer-online-shops/impressum-anbieterkennzeichnung-5174006

- maybe a german (or even other languages) website would be helpfull and/or a dedicated domain for IMatch, altough, imatch.com is a shop in the US and .de and .eu are reserved.

- do not mention "since 1998" in the first sentenvce. Younger users might think about old style software, it is important later when discussing support and reliability/availabilty of the software.

- functionality: IMHO Imatch has reached a state, where even old/experienced users only use part of its functionality, so maybe you can put a bit more focus on the following:

- the learning curve ist very steep, so as @mastodon mentioned, a serious of short videos covering basic usage and best practice makes it easier to get familiar with IMatch.
For me, a good example is the Multimediasoftware m.objects. I used for a long time Wings Platinum and then decided (for various reasons) to move to another product. The many tutorials m.object offers made my decision for this product very easy.

How to spread the word.
- SEO: No idea what/how much you have already done regarding this.
- affiliate program
- other websites (photographers), was it this?
QuoteWhen I contact a photography-oriented web site, blogger or YouTube channel, I usually never get a response or a nicely formulated "Give us (a lot of) money first" response.
If so, what about the (private) websites of your users. I'm currently redesigning my private website and will for sure mention IMatch (with a link).

That's it for the moment. ;)

mopperle

Just some short ideas on improvement:

- your "impressum" can kill you, you are writing, that it is a "private" site which it is definitely not.
check this https://www.bmuv.de/themen/verbraucherschutz/digitaler-verbraucherschutz/impressumspflicht#c66866
or this
https://www.ihk.de/wiesbaden/recht/rechtsberatung/internetrecht-und-werbung/internetauftritt-rechtliche-anforderungen-und-pflichten-1255572
or this
https://www.frankfurt-main.ihk.de/recht/uebersicht-alle-rechtsthemen/vertragsrecht-und-e-commerce-recht/rechtliche-anforderungen-fuer-online-shops/impressum-anbieterkennzeichnung-5174006

- maybe a german website would be helpfull and/or a dedicated domain for IMatch, altough, imatch.com is a shop in the US and .de and .eu are reserved.

- do not mention "since 1998" in the first sentenvce. Younger users might think about old style software, it is important later when discussing support and reliability/availabilty of the software.

- functionality: IMHO Imatch has reached a state, where even old/experienced users only use part of its functionality, so maybe you can put a bit more focus on the following:

- the learning curve ist very steep, so as @mastodon mentioned, a serious of short videos covering basic usage and best practice makes it easier to get familiar with IMatch.
For me, a good example is the Multimediasoftware m.objects. I used for a long time Wings Platinum and then decided (for various reasons) to move to another product. The many tutorials m.object offers made my decision for this product very easy.

How to spread the word.
- SEO: No idea what/how much you have already done regarding this.
- affiliate program
- other websites (photographers), was it this?
QuoteWhen I contact a photography-oriented web site, blogger or YouTube channel, I usually never get a response or a nicely formulated "Give us (a lot of) money first" response.
If so, what about the (private) websites of your users. I'm currently redesigning my private website and will for sure mention IMatch (with a link).

That's it for the moment. ;)

Jingo

Although it may cost you a bit of time, if you can attract some Youtube "influencers" to review and like iMatch, it would go a long way to getting views on the product.  

I'm thinking you could reach and send some well known photographers the software a try.. perhaps create a "test toolkit" that includes: the software (trial or limited license), a recommended script/guide/step-by-step to test the main features and a sheet that includes the major features and what they do.

If one or two of the bigger photography channels can get some eyes on the product and a recommendation - that should help drive a bit of sales your way.

Mees Dekker

In reaction to Jingo:

try to reach English speaking photographers like Thomas Heaton (554K followers), Nigel Denson (471K followers), Mark Denney. They do sponsored Youtube episodes, although I would not know how much they ask for that.

Perhaps Morton Hilmer (Danish, but 516K followers).