2023.14.2 - no assign people to window marker

Started by Uwe, September 05, 2024, 02:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uwe

Hello,
it is no longer possible to select people to assign them to the window marker - see screenshot. After teh start, it takes a very long time before the persons are up to date (preview image and number). What information is needed to achieve normal functionality?
Best regards, Uwe
People_IMatch.jpg

Update: add two screenshots of the db tables
Imatch_person_01.jpg
Imatch_person_02.jpg

Mario

What is a "window marker"?
When did this happen for the first time?
Please always include the ZIPed log file (log file). Information extracted from the IMatch database in some external software is not helpful to me.

It looks like the Person Selector app is no longer working...?
Re-install IMatch and make sure your virus checker is not playing games.
Close IMatch and delete the browser cache folder "C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\browser".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Uwe

Hi Mario,
it doesn't help. Here the log file.
Regards, Uwe

Mario

What did not help?
Did you delete the browser folder and all it's contents?
You did not answer my questions. Please do. I don't ask them to waste time.

Since no other user reported something similar and IMatch 2023.14.2 is out for a months, I have nothing to work with.
Did you use the Viewer and tried to assign a person in the IMatch session from which the log file comes from?
Open the Output Panel via the View menu and check it for error messages after opening the Viewer and pressing <F2> to assign a person.

Also, click into the empty window that shows when you press <F2> and press <Ctrl>+<F5> several times, in case this is some caching issue.

Did you restore an older Pack & Go package on top of a newer IMatch version perhaps?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Uwe

Hi Mario,
yes of course, I've followed the instructions you made: delete the browser folder and the content.
Yes I used the Viewer and wanted to assign the person. This is the message in the output panel when I try to assign the person by F2 in the Viewer panel:
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '0')
regards, Uwe

Mario

And when this happen for the first time?
Suddenly?
After installing a new IMatch version?
After...
When did it stop working?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Uwe

Hi Mario,
I've update to 2023.14.2 4 days ago. Everything was ok until today - I imported about 6500 photos assigned tags and people to the photos I took in the last three months. First I registered the "hanging" synch process of 20 files in the queue today. I closed and restarted IMatch, used the function to clear the queue. Then the slow update of the people information in the peoples Panel and. after some other actions I wanted to assing the people and the got this problem.
Sorry but I don't have any other information.
regards, Uwe

Mario

Database diagnosis reports no problems?

Do you have a database backup from before adding the new files?
Maybe there is some "broken" metadata or something that causes issues with the People feature?
Damaged XMP region, unsupported characters in names, something like that...?
If it's caused by the new files, we can isolate it that way.
You can also ZIP and upload the database to your cloud space and send me a link so I can analyze it here.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Uwe

Hello Mario,
I made the restore from the backup (2 days old) before the problem happened. It's working again. Should I still send you the link to the DB for analysis?
Regards, Uwe

Mario

Send me a link to the database that shows the problem (the broken one). Not the working database.
When I get the same effect you were experiencing there in the lab, I can fix it.

Send it to my email support email address with a link back to this community thread so I know what's what. I get many, many emails per day.

It must be something in the files, maybe some existing XMP region with invalid data IMatch has imported. Invalid tag name. 
Person name with unsupported characters. I have really no idea, first case ever.

Also, if you add the same files, and the problem happens again, we get another hint.
Maybe add files in small batches and check after each batch if the problem happens again. Then we'll know that one or more files in that batch are the cause for the problem.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Mario

Thank you for providing the database with the problem.
I could reproduce the problem immediately, which is good.

Here is what happens:

When the "family manager" in the People View fetches information about families from the database, all the data is valid, except one family entity with the tag "Schule" (does that ring a bell?) which is invalid. It does not look like a family entity but like a person entity.

And since this entity is invalid does not have the properties expected by the family manager and people view, the app fails to load families (the Family tab is always empty) and this also causes follow-up errors like the Person Selector no longer working.

Do you remember anything special about the family with the tag "Schule"? How you created it?
Did you perhaps import and export person data? Manually changed data in the IMatch database with an SQL Tool?
I have checked the code, but I cannot see any way where IMatch stores a person record as a family.

I will send you an updated JavaScript file which detects and fixes this particular problem. Follow the instructions in my email and your database will work perfectly fine afterwards.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator