About installing a more recent beta 5

Started by reader, December 05, 2013, 10:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reader

Sorry for the lamer, but the webpage did not mention the situation where you already have beta 5 installed but want to update to most recent.  I'm running 5.0.100 and want to install 5.0.126 (already downloaded)

So just install and I end up with two beta versions, or do newer ones install over older ones

reader

Quote from: reader on December 05, 2013, 10:07:25 PM
Sorry for the lamer, but the webpage did not mention the situation where you already have beta 5 installed but want to update to most recent.  I'm running 5.0.100 and want to install 5.0.126 (already downloaded)

So just install and I end up with two beta versions, or do newer ones install over older ones

Please ignore lamer question, found all answered in the forum

ColinIM

Quote from: reader on December 05, 2013, 10:11:08 PM
Please ignore lamer question, found all answered in the forum

Ahem! ... cough cough ... [slightly red-faced request ...]

I would really like to know what answer you found reader  :-[   or what search term(s) you used   :) and whether the snippet of info' you found had superseded (or not) the Forum-reply or the beta FAQ about this that I'm sure I'll have seen - sometime in the past - but which has evaporated long ago from my finite / busy head!

I'll soon be RE-reading the beta FAQ and the 5.0.126 ReadMe because I'm about to step up from 5.0.122 to 5.0.126 (I was too busy elsewhere sadly to get to 5.0.124) ... so unless I see instructions to do otherwise, I'll expect to take the "safe & sure" route of UN-installing first and starting a whole new IMatch 5 setup, with freshly-imported photos etc. ...

... but a little bit of relevant repetition (in Forum threads) is never unwelcome ...  :)

Colin P.

ColinIM

-- No surprise -- I found what you had probably found earlier, reader ...

In Mario's reply to Photon's Reply #4 in this Forum post ...

General Discussion ยป build 126
https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=1393.0

... he (Mario) gives us some answers about installing beta updates which pleasantly surprised me!

Colin P.