Commands - write attributes to metadata

Started by Thomsob, February 23, 2024, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomsob

Hi,

I have just discovered that your program has decided to update itself in the last few days and my little macros that I use to do the above task, have mysteriously vanished. Since this a critical part of my workflow, I am curious to know where these macros have gone. 

I think it was Commands > templates... or somesuch.

Mario

Hi,

updating IMatch will not change your Metadata Templates, if this is what you mean by macro?

Metadata templates are stored in the IMatch database itself, since they often contain database-specific data.
Installing an IMatch update will not touch metadata templates or other data, unless an update is required. Which was not the case for metadata templates for a long time.

I don't see how the recent update from February 6. would change anything with your metadata templates. Something similar was never reported before.

IMatch also does not contain a feature to automatically update itself.
IMatch checks once a week if an update is available and informs you in that case. Then you have the option to download the update and install it immediately or schedule the update for the time IMatch closes. In that case you will be asked again if you want to install the update.

How did you determine that IMatch has updated itself?
Did you run a database diagnosis (Database menu > Tools > ...) to ensure your database is healthy?

You can also restore your last daily backup of your IMatch database into a different folder and open it from there via Database menu > Open. The old database will contain your metadata templates and can open Edit menu > Preferences > Metadata Templates and export all or selected templates. And then open your current IMatch database and import the templates.

If possible, upload your database to your cloud space and send a link to support email address with a link back to this topic (!).
I can open the database and see if and which metadata templates it contains.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Thomsob

Hi Mario,

now that I have had a chance to look at it more carefully, it seems that it was the overall format of the app that changed. But I don't know how. Most probably something that I did. 

It seems that the metadata section that I was familiar with had changed, but possibly only the path to access it? So I have found it now .... "Metadata Templates". I did have three templates stored in there, but all of them had disappeared. I have re-created them now, so no major problem. 

Many thanks for your help. Cheers, B. 

Mario

Quoteit seems that it was the overall format of the app that changed.
Metadata templates were accessible via the Commands and Tools menus and the drop-down toolbar button in the Metadata Panel since they were introduced many years ago. Nothing has changed, as far as I know.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook