People Image Grid Filter on Confirmation Status

Started by itsallyours, February 24, 2024, 08:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsallyours

When I am in the People tab and have a person selected, it shows in the grid all files that are confirmed and unconfirmed.

I understand the Face Manager (F4) will separate out the individual faces by confirmation status.  I am asking about the standard file/image grid when a person is selected. 

I would like to be able to filter the grid for images that are confirmed (or unconfirmed) for the selected person.  Is there a way to do this?  The only way I can figure is to look at images with or without the keyword for the person.  Unfortunately, I have used that keyword prior to using facial recognition.

thank you

Tveloso

You can use the Filter Panel to do this.

The People Filter has a Files with unconfirmed faces checkbox, which does exactly that.  But it's designed to filter File Windows for Files that contain any unconfirmed faces.  So when you use that Filter in the People View, it will still return files where the selected person is confirmed, because they contain other unconfirmed faces.

Another Filter that should return the same number of files in the File Window, as the person has Unconfirmed faces in Face Manager, is the Metadata Search Filter.  If you set this filter to look in the Person In Image tag, select the Contains not option, and enter the person's Name (or a portion thereof) as the search text:

Screenshot 2024-02-24 221223.png

...that should filter the File Window to show the same number of files as there are unconfirmed faces for the Person.
--Tony

Mario

QuoteI would like to be able to filter the grid for images that are confirmed (or unconfirmed) for the selected person.  Is there a way to do this?  The only way I can figure is to look at images with or without the keyword for the person.  Unfortunately, I have used that keyword prior to using facial recognition.

Use the People filter in the Filter Panel. It allows you to filter by persons, confirmed, unconfirmed and lots more.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tveloso

Looks like I missed an important detail in the Help for the People Filter, which led me to the alternate approach of using the  is the Metadata Search Filter.

But it's right there in the Help:
QuoteFiles with unconfirmed faces
Shows you all files which have unconfirmed faces.
Use this filter to quickly identify files that need your confirmation.

This option works differently, depending on whether or not you also select one or more persons. If one or more persons are selected, the option uses a Boolean AND operation. The filter returns all files with unconfirmed faces for the selected persons. Else the filter returns all files with unconfirmed faces.

So the People Filter is of course the right tool for the job here...(and it's definitely worth reading over the excellent Help Topics!)
--Tony

Mario

QuoteSo the People Filter is of course the right tool for the job here...(and it's definitely worth reading over the excellent Help Topics!)
Indeed.

The face- and person feature set is huge and there is a lot to learn. Not all users need all features, though. And don't need to read everything. Or at least not in one go.

In general, when a user needs to find something or filter by some criteria, the search engine and filter panel help topics are the first topics to check.

When you search the help for unconfirmed, the filter panel help topic is the second hit.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook