Matching people to faces again as more trained faces are added

Started by ubacher, March 06, 2024, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

As soon as I assign a person to a face Imatch will present me with possible matches
in the face manager.
Initially there will be only 1 trained face. One can assume that this will result in more
potential (unconfirmed) faces to be presented.
As I now confirm faces there will be more trained faces (up to 10 by default) and this
will refine the faceprint.
I would have thought that Imatch would then automatically (or offer an option) to
reevaluate all found matches based on the refined faceprint. This ought to reduce the number
of false matches - and thus fewer unconfirmed faces to manually evaluate.

The Find faces for selected person icon ought to do this but I find it does nothing.
matching.jpg

Am I missing something or should I add a feature request?

Mario

Quoteto reevaluate all found matches based on the refined faceprint.
You usually never run the find matching faces command. See the help topic for what this command is doing and when to use it.

See Face Recognition and People - A Walkthrough and https://www.photools.com/imatch-learning-center/ for more info and video tutorials.

IMatch does everything automatically. Just assign persons to faces in the Viewer, IMatch learns, IMatch assigns persons to faces, you confirm persons, IMatch learns etc.

After a few round, you can use the Face Manager to process faces of persons in bulk.
Close the Face Manager to let IMatch re-continue with matching persons to faces in the background.

Don't just assign one person to a few faces.
The system needs to learn multiple persons and faces to work efficiently.

And double-check that you have not again disabled vital background processing functions for no reason, causing IMatch to not do stuff it should be doing automatically.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook