Question of Thesaurus matches including links from the hierarchy

Started by joe, March 15, 2024, 07:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe

Hello. Please see the attached screenshot from my Thesaurus. Originally, I did not have "Charlottesville" repeated at the child nodes and expected that Charlottesville would have gotten added from the parent node's link. That didn't happen. This is for assigning keywords using the keywords panel. Could that be a feature request?

Now that I repeated the link for the children, I get what I want, but it's not ideal for information management. Thoughts are welcome! Thank you

Damit

I assume that the parent node would have to be clicked for its link to work, while I believe the parent node would be added to any flattened keywords, I do not think it will work that way with the links. Perhaps Mario wants user to have different links for different levels of nodes to allow more flexibility. Of course, Mario will give the definite answer on this.

Mario

QuoteI did not have "Charlottesville" repeated at the child nodes and expected that Charlottesville would have gotten added from the parent node's link.
This expectation is wrong.

IMatch assigns exactly the keywords you select from the auto-suggestion list in the Keywords Panel or the keyword you click in the Thesaurus Panel in the Keywords Panel.

If the keyword has synonyms, they are also added.
IMatch will not add synonyms from parent keywords, or their parents, ...

If the keyword has links, they are resolved and the keywords and synonyms of these links are also added.
IMatch will not add links from parent keywords of the keyword you have assigned, or the parent keywords of the keywords your links resolve to. This could end up in chaos.

Please see Working with Links in the IMatch help system for more information and examples.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

joe

⬇️ Thank you for the clarification, Mario. I can work with that specific behavior.