Tool Tips disappeared.

Started by Damit, March 15, 2024, 09:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damit

I am having a bit of trouble with versioning, and I was trying to get the tool tips for all the options and they are not popping up.  Any Idea why and how I can get them back?

Damit

I think I figured it out. Some of the items don't have a * at the end of them.  I assume that means that there is not tip for that item, as all the items with a * at the end have tool tips that pop up.

thrinn

The asterisk * is an indicator for metadata which is only propagated during write-back. Things like Categories, Annotations, Attributes and so on (without *) are propagated as soon as you change them on the master. But you are right that those entries without * do not have a tooltip - I assume because they are thought to be self explanatory.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Damit

Thanks again, thrinn. I was wondering if the annotations included the face regions and that is why I was searching for the tip.  I am not sure if they do, but I think not.

thrinn

At least the face annotations created by IMatch Face recognition should be part of Annotations (see Annotations). I am not sure if this also relates to XMP face regions created outside of IMatch.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Damit

Quote from: thrinn on March 15, 2024, 11:05:56 PMAt least the face annotations created by IMatch Face recognition should be part of Annotations (see Annotations). I am not sure if this also relates to XMP face regions created outside of IMatch.
Hopefully Mario will clarify.

Mario

IMatch stores face annotations you have created during write-back into XMP face regions, part of the XMP record for files.
It's all explained in the help: Working with XMP Face Regions
If you propagate all of XMP, face regions will be propagated. If this works for you, depends. If your versions have different dimensions, I recommend to propagate only selected XMP tags.

Or at least check use the "Don't copy XMP Regions (Face data)".
And also read the explains all topic Propagation (which also explains about XMP face regions) and of course Common Propagation Pitfalls before starting copying metadata between files.

QuoteI think I figured it out. Some of the items don't have a * at the end of them. 

Image2.jpg

Don't assume. Read the docus
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook