Noob question: how to view the inverse of iMatch Workflow Categories?

Started by MrPete, March 26, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPete

In Categories->iMatch Workflow Categories, there are a number of categories listed for which I would LOVE to see the inverse:

"No Keywords" is easy: @Keywords up at the top.

But I don't see an easy way to show all with: Author, Copyright, Description, GPS Data, Headline, Title, Rating.

What am I missing?

Mario

These categories are all based on Category Formulas, which are another unique and very powerful IMatch feature.
It's super easy to create your own which do the inverse.

For example, the "No Headline" Workflow category uses this formula:

"@MetadataTag[headline,novalue]"

this formula returns all files without a value in the headline tag. By having a quick look at the excellent category formula help (hasvalue and novalue) I know that the formula

"@MetadataTag[headline,hasvalue]"

returns all files with data in the headline. Easy, right?
Create a new category under "Workflow Categories", name it "Files with Headline" and use the new formula. Done.

If you need this only occasionally, use the Category Filter. Select the Category and then invert the Filter Panel to see all files not in that category in the current scope.

Image1.jpg

Same, for occasional use, you can also use a Value Filter for the tag and the has value option in the Filter Panel:

Image2.jpg

Welcome to IMatch :)

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

MrPete