IMatch thumbnail corruption after Update Box Cancel

Started by Jingo, April 08, 2024, 03:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Hi Mario - had a weird thing happen when I launched IMatch today... figured I would post it in case it happens to others or you can determine the issue from the log/video.

Upon opening IMatch today, I clicked tabs from the Dashboard to Media & Folders.  I then chose a folder from the list and the thumbnails displayed per usual.  I scrolled down to find what I was looking for (the last eclipse images I took!) and clicked a thumbnail to display in the viewer (on monitor #2).  

The Update Available box popped up and I tried to click the cancel button but the pointer seemed to be under the update box because it was selecting thumbnails as I clicked the cancel button.  Eventually, I was able to click the cancel button on the update box, but afterwards, the thumbnails would turn grey if I scrolled over them before displaying and IMatch kept flashing the thumbnail boxes in the background as well if I clicked or moved the mouse at all.

I've attached a small video/log file in case it helps. A restart of IMatch fixed the problem but wanted to report it anyway.

Thx - Andy.

Mario

How strange. Not sure what I could do about that.
Did you try to press <F5> to reload the File Window? Or clicked to another folder and back?
When IMatch detects an update, it sets an internal timer. And when the timer expires a few seconds later, it displays the update as a normal Windows message box. No idea why the cursor could be "under" that dialog or why Windows did not register the mouse clicks.

I have tried to reproduce this a few times by forcing IMatch to reporting an update.
The box shows after 5 seconds so I had plenty of time to click around in the File Window, make selections, switch to the Dashboard to M&F and do more clicks.

Not once I could not click the dialog OK/Cancel or saw the effect you were seeing.
I consider this a weird coincidence of sorts and won't spend any time on this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Yeah.. it was odd and hadn't happened to me before either.. and certainly a no big deal since restarting fixed the problem.  I wouldn't spend any time with it either... but figured I would report and capture it in case it happens again or someone else sees the same thing.  Thx.