"Rescan now" adds new files from within the existing folder

Started by Stuntflyer, April 22, 2024, 10:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuntflyer

Sometimes I just want to refresh files within a folder after making a few external photo edits. Is it possible to stop IMatch from auto updating other files (not already in the database) to the database when I right click on the folder and choose "Rescan now"?

Mike

Stuntflyer

I think I worked it out as to why this is happening.

When you rescan a folder manually using Shift+F5 in the Media & Folders View, sub-folders already in the database are processed recursively and new folders and files found are added to the database.

Mario

This is how this is supposed to work and why a manual rescan command exists.

QuoteSometimes I just want to refresh files within a folder after making a few external photo edits. I
You don't need to do that. IMatch picks up new and modified files in folders automatically. It monitors all folders in the database and processes messages sent by the Windows file system.
It waits for 10 seconds after the last "modified" message sent by Windows for a folder (to allow applications to clean up temporary files and unlock files) and then rescans the folder for new and updated files.

Triggering a manual rescan is only needed when you want to do it "now" or when you want to bring in new sub-folders, which IMatch does not add automatically.

See Indexing for more information.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook