New File Window Icons

Started by Mario, May 10, 2024, 08:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

If you have IMatch 2023.9 installed and experimental features enabled: What do you think about the new File Window icons.

The only feedback I've got so far was in German and the user thought the height of the label bar (which depends on the icon height) was to high.

IMatch uses the 10% of the thumbnail panel width to determine the automatic icon size.

It also limits the icon height to:
minimum: 75% of the standard control font height (used e.g. in panels, dialog boxes, ...).
maximum: 150% of the standard control font height

Do you like the automatic icon height in File Windows? Should they be larger? Smaller?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Sorry - I don't use the standard File Window Icons as I didn't like how they overlay on the thumbnail (I use my own custom layout with icons on the last row) but from the screenshots - the icons look ok to me.

sinus

I use also a custom layout.
But I have tried the default layout.

The automatic icon height I like, it seems fine for me.

The only thing, what I would day, the thickness (die Höhe) of the label bar is too heigh, including the size of the stars.

But this is only the case, if I use quite big thumbs, means only about 5 thumbs. 
If the thumbs are small, also the label ok for me.

If they do also grow in the size like the other icons, I do not know, the other are ok for me for growing, but somehow the stars/labels looks to big, the more they grow.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Ron_S

I like the new file window icons - with only one exception.   I agree with Sinus,  the rating stars look too big.

Mario

I've reduced the rating and label bar height (which also dimensions the stack icons) to 60% of the icon height, with a minimum of 60% of the control font height.

The rating & label bar now for the maximum and minimum icon sizes:

Image10.jpg
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook