Where is “Go to Folder” in iMatch2023?

Started by Mike, May 10, 2024, 10:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Hi, 

What happened to the previous "Go to Folder" option from the context menu of a selected file in the File Manager? I used this function very often in iMatch 2021. How do you navigate directly to the original folder of a file within iMatch, without typing names to filter folders or manually search in the tree?

Thanks!

Carlo Didier

Mike

Thanks, I just tried this and something strange happened. Suddenly the entry "Go to Folder" was back in the context menu. But neither CTRL+G nor direct selection work. iMatch seems to want to do something, but nothing happens other than flickering once.

Mike

1. I have now restarted iMatch and also the computer. The "Go to Folder" entry remained after the last CTRL+G command, but iMatch doesn't seem to be able to activate it.

2. I selected another major folder. The entry "Go to Folder" has disappeared from the context menu again. But I was able to activate it with the command CTRL+G and this time iMatch also navigated to the desired subfolder.

It seems to be a bug. The entry "Go to Folder" does not appear reliably in the context menu and sometimes the navigation does not work.

Mario

Very strange.
The Goto Folder is available in the Categories, Collections and Timeline View (not in the Media & Folders View of course).
It is always active.
The context menu is always the same, only some elements are removed, depending on the active View.
In the Media & Folders View, the "Goto Folder" command is removed from the menu before opening it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mike

This seems to be the situation:

a) If the File Window displays the contents of a parent folder including its subfolders, the "Goto Folder" entry is missing in the context menu of Files, although it would be necessary here.
b) If the file window shows the contents of a bottom-level child folder, then "Goto Folder" is there even though it is not needed.

CTRL+G does work.

Mario

The File Window should show the Goto Folder command in the Media & Folders View if hierarchical display is enabled and there is more than one folder. The wrong condition was checked. I have fixed that for the next release.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook